“Good food But a Lotta variance in the service.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 383 Restaurants in Lakeland
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Description: For over 40 years, Texas Cattle Company, a family owned and operated restaurant, has been a local favorite serving only select USDA Prime and Choice, three year old grain-fed beef. We steer clear of fancy cooking methods, flame-broiling our steaks over a natural wood-burning fire made from Florida citrus and oak wood. At Texas Cattle Company, our pledge is to exceed the expectations of our guests by providing highly personalized service, signature steaks and the freshest seafood prepared to perfection. We ensure the most exceptional dining experience, leaving our guests with a desire to return for more!
Enterprise, Alabama
“Good food But a Lotta variance in the service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant many times over the past 20 years. The steaks are always cooked to order have never had a problem with the steak. prices are little high but they are good steaks. This trip I had the cedar plank salmon and it was excellent. very large portion and cooked perfectly

• Visited April 2013

Tampa, Florida
“e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

way too expensive for what you get! took spouse for birthday meal and STILL cost over $50...no drinks,no dessert. Steak really greasy, fries over cooked,hard & greasy...very greasy. in addition to explaining when we get the bill that 18% would be added waitress mentioned "additional tip" too many times.... She brought us two big blue mug drinks without asking (18% tip on those)...looked insulted when we didn't keep them (medical reasons). Would probably not have tipped her at all with her attitude and the greasy overpriced food. Thank Goodness the one meal had a credit on it!
Probably will never go back...not even for .. uumm hum .. "free" birthday meal

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Great Food and Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I'm a very picky eater! That being said, I was so impressed by the outstanding and warm service we received. We were a party of five, it was Good Friday, so the Catholics in the family all ordered the Mahi Mahi. It was amazing, wood fired on a cedar plank, with parmesan cheese and caramelized onions smothered on top. Since I am a healthy eater, I just scraped off the excess cheese and enjoyed the enormous piece of juicy fish with the woody burned edges, so yummy! I accompanied that with the fresh steamed vegetables. I did indulge in the sweet potato fries, sooo good.
The Protestant in the family ordered the Filet Mignon, and she said it was perfection. We also ordered the sauteed mushrooms as side dishes. We enjoyed two carafes of the house sangria. Being a Miami girl, I take my sangria seriously and it did not disappoint.
No room for dessert, but they did look sinful and decadent as they were presented at nearby tables. How can anyone have room after such huge portions?? As the name implies, everything is bigger in Texas!
Highly recommend for a family outing or celebrating an event. The place was rocking on Good Friday. We made reservations a few days before.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Restaurant has gone downhill since we visited last year! Will NEVER go back again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited this restaurant because its been one of our favorites when we're in Lakeland. Boy were we disappointed.

We were seated after a 15 minute wait (which is good, especially for a Saturday night). Our waitress was pleasant and was efficient in taking our orders.

We all ordered their filets (which we get everytime we go there) and as soon as my husband cut into his, I knew there was a problem. There was a lot of grisel running thru his filet. Not what we are used to for this steak house.

My filet and our boys filets were fine, but when the waitress came back, my husband told her that he wasn't happy with his filet and she (very apologetically) took it back to get him a new one.

Our waitress was great. She asked him repeatedly if there was anything she could do for him or get him while he was waiting. He said no. Meanwhile, my boys and I were finishing our meals.

When my husband's new filet came out about 12 minutes later it didn't look like a filet at all. I couldn't tell you which cut of meat it was, it looked like a crown with 3 points!!! He cut into it and just pushed it away. He was disgusted at this point. The waitress told my husband that the manager had been told of the problem with his steak.

Our waitress came by again and was told that the second steak was no better and that we were finished. She apologized again and told my husband that his meal would not be on the bill.

When the bill came, my husband asked if the general manager was going to come out to talk with him and our waitress said no. He couldn't believe it. As we were leaving, he found the G.M. and told her about his two steaks and the fact that she couldn't be bothered to come out and talk with him. All she had to say to him was that she'd been having problems in the kitchen and had to stay there to get them straightened out!

We will NEVER go back to this restaurant. We know how hard it is to run a restaurant, but your customers should be your first priority and if you are too busy to deal with them, then you are in the wrong business!

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“BEST RESTAURANT EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Teas Cattle Company is the most fabulous place to get the best steaks ever!!!!!! The atmosphere is cool and the steaks are huge and sizzling hot! They are grilled over mesquite wood and have the best flavor ever. Go there on your birthday with a valid Florida licence and you get a free 16 oz delicious t-bone steak that will melt in your mouth!

• Visited April 2012