“Not worth the money” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas Cattle Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 372 restaurants in Lakeland
Cross street: E Main Street & S Lake Ave
Brandon, Florida
“Not worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

For the price of their steaks, you will be much happier going somewhere like Longhorns or another Chain, Pricing here is comparable to Charley's or Flemings in Tampa however the quality of food is not even close, At best this place leaves much to be desired. Appetizers are terrific but noting fantastic beyond that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

65% Recommend
Lakeland, Florida
“Best steaks we've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I honestly don't understand the poor and/or lukewarm reviews of this place. We've eaten here twice now, as recent transplants from NJ. Have had steaks in fantastic, really expensive places in NYC that were not of the quality that we received at TCC. Sure, the salad and bread are just okay and nothing to write home about, but why would you want to fill up on that anyway? The steaks are amazing and our service both times has been stellar. We started off with an appetizer of fried mushrooms and it was enough for 4 people.

As a side note, the flaming Blue Rose of Texas is a fantastic drink!

Can't wait to eat at TCC again, but need to save my pennies for awhile...

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Riverview, Florida
“Very Disappointed. . .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We were going to celebrate my birthday. My husband made reservations for 6pm. We weren't seated till 6:30 after I went and asked when we would be seated. They claimed they were waiting for us all to arrive. We all road together in one car and said we were all there when we arrived at 5:45pm!

We were immediately seated after I asked about our table. We were given menus and sat waiting for someone to greet us for almost 10 minutes. Finally again after someone at the table said something a waitress arrived a couple minutes later. She took our drink order as we decided what we all wanted for dinner. Five out of the 6 people at the table ordered steak (Medium Rare). We received salads but with one little thing of dressing and when we asked for more I felt like our waitress was put out for getting us more. Once we began to eat the salad . . . it was so watery and nasty! After waiting almost an hour for dinner to arrive 4 out of the 5 steaks were WELL DONE! When I mean WELL DONE, I mean it was hard to even cut the steak and there wasn't a sign of pink anywhere! So then we all had to return our steaks and wait another 10 minutes for our food to return. Everyone got their steak back at the same time EXCEPT my husband, who had to wait additional time and by the time he got his food we were all about done!
No one apologize. No one said anything. After we finished our dinners. We were given our checks and I felt like pushed out the door! There were several other birthdays in the room we were in, all received a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" song and big chocolate cake! ME, I had to ask for my license back after proving it was in deed my birthday!
The only enjoyable part of this experience was the friends I was with. This is my second time at this restaurant but I will for sure think twice before agreeing to come here again!

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakeland, Florida
“Great, unique steak. Somewhat pricey for everything else.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We go here at least 3 or 4 times a year. It's a unique mesquite wood flavored grill taste. It is similar to charleys if you have been there. You won't find "fanciness" here for the price. Wine selection is fine, but you're here for the beef and not a fine dining experience. Overall, I personally would enjoy it if they would take advantage of their unique location and make it a little more upscale, but I like the steak enough to not care.

Visited October 2011
Tampa, Florida
“Great steaks, sides and service leaves lot to be desired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Four of us ate there this past weekend. We all had the 10 ou. fillet, and as a fillet should be prime, it was excellent. That's where it ended. The "endless" salad bowl was not much more thn lettuce tossed in dressing. How much of that can you eat. The bread was not exciting and one thin slice apiece. There were only forks in the setup and no knives. When I asked for knives for the butter for the bread, the waitress said they give knives when the steaks come, to use the bread knife! So, the four of us had to share one cerrated bread knife between the four of us. How classy(and sanitary) is that? We had to ask for water three times before we got it. We asked for more bread but never did get it. The side of asparagus was basic and not worth the money. The fried calamari was chewy and tastless. And to top it off an 18% gratuity was added to the check! Why try when you are going to get an automatic 18% tip. The most I would have given her was 10% and that was being very generous.

• Visited September 2011