“Awesome.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
GLENCOE, IL
“Awesome.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

I am a frequent traveler to Lakeland and I have stayed in many hotels/motels in the Lakeland area. My stay here was beyond in every respect compared to any other top hotel in Lakeland.

This brand new hotel is just GREAT! Don't let any pre-conceived notions you have about DAYS INN's hold you back from staying here. The quality of this hotel would make any top hotel franshise proud to have this hotel with their brand. I can recommend you to stay here without any hesitation and experience the best .

The front desk was very friendly, helpful and courteous. The housekeeping staff were attentive to my needs. The decor and cleanliness was amazing. The room had all necessary amenities, i.e refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, safe, hairdryer , alarm clock etc etc. The beds were nice and firm.

The location is close to I-4. The pool was a little cold, I wish it was heated.

• Liked — BRAND NEW, Just built and opened
  • Disliked — Pool was COLD
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2007

I was a little hesitant to walk into the Days Inn at 2:30am knowing that the idea of a Days Inn usually doesn't equal cleanliness. Boy was I surprised. The rooms were decorated nicely, a mix of contemporary and asian fusion. Everything was clean and the staff at the front desk were wonderful so early in the morning! You could still smell a little paint and a little bit of that new carpet smell, but I would surely stay here again. The only thing that got me was: the resort fee. Now, yes, this place was nice, but nothing to warrant a 3 per person per day fee...I mean we're in the middle of Lakeland! Also, I had concerns with the fee because we were only there for approx. 5 hours and none of the "resort facilities i.e pool, fitness center...dont know what else" would have been open during our stay. The front desk gave me a hard time when I disputed the fee and an attitude. Besides this, I would recommend this hotel because its affordable, brand new, clean, fresh and new decor and a really great value.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

Not only did OUR baseball team stay at this hotel, but so did two other teams as well. I could not get over how patient the front desk staff were with all of us.
About 15 of us piled in at one time, and they checked us in so quickly and with smiles on their faces, even though we had over 25 children in the lobby. They even opened up the breakfast room for us an hour early so the children could eat something before the games. What more you possibly ask for?
Courteous, Caring, and Constant! Will be there again in June.

• Liked — friendliness of front desk staff
  • Disliked — didn't get to stay longer
  • Stayed March 2007
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

Excellent / Beautiful
The staff are as great as the hotel property.
The location from the highway ( I-4 EXIT 33) is perfect.
The FREE breakfast is great. I will say, this is the best place to stay while in the area.
THANK YOU TO THE OWNERS AND STAFF FOR SUCH A GREAT STAY.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — noyhing was bad
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Columbia, SC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2007

We stayed at this property shortly after it opened. The recent opening and the fact that the hotel was full one night appeared to be the standard excuse for why there were no extra blankets in the hotel, why the safe in the room did not work, etc. The desk staff had trouble understanding and/or speaking English. Hotel was clean, however.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn & Suites Lakeland? Share your experiences!