“staff was great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 hotels in Lakeland
Richmond, Virginia
“staff was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stayed in the hotel it was clean really dont know why they charged a resort fee anyway the staff was great the breakfast was ok . the only thing I thought that you needed was a printer in the pc room for guest to print off their plane tickets

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, September 17, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed in our next employee meeting. Now if anyone likes to print his/her plane ticket or needs help with check-in, our front desk is trained to assist all guests with that.

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
melbourne, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stay in the area frequently for business. There are many hotels at this exit, yet I always choose Days Inn. Their staff is always friendly, efficient, and go the extra mile to help my special needs. The rooms are clean and always stocked with the basic amenities. The beds are comfortable. And with my bad back, that's important. The pool has never been crowded and is always refreshing. And the price is the lowest in that area. The large selection at breakfast is a great way to start the remainder of my trip. As a single female, I always feel safe at this hotel. I've also had the opportunity to stay in the jacuzzi suite and it was a wonderful luxury!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you soo much for your comments. I know you have many hotel choices here in our area and we really appreciate very much for doing buisness with us. Please feel free to call us straight, whenever you need rooms and to get the extra service you deserve. Thanks again and very much appreciate you review.
Jacksovnille Beach, Fla.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

l loved this property! I have travelled for work for many years and this is the nicest Days Inn I have ever stayed in! This hotel provides clean rooms, a wonderful staff, large, clean breakfast area with many selections! This hotel is family friendly, quiet, all rooms are accessed through interior coordiors and the parking lot is very well it!
As a single woman travelling alone, I appreciate feeling safe & secure!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you soo much for your comments. I know you have many hotel choices here in our area and we really appreciate very much for doing buisness with us. Please feel free to call us straight, whenever you need rooms, to get the extra service you deserve. Thanks again.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

Clean, neat, beautiful, rooms! Modern facilities and great personal service. We look forward to going back soon to enjoy the facilities and service again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you so much and very much appreciate your business.
Davie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

The day of my arrival one of their front desk staff "by mistake" charged my bank card before I even arrived. Then at check in my card gets mysteriously declined and and my fiance had to pay for the stay on her own card... Smh.. They voided the transaction to my card and here it is almost a month later and I still don't have my funds back yet. I spoke with the G. M. and the assistant manager who is very rude on the phone and both are no help. I was told by the G. M. that he would send a fax requesting a release of my funds to my bank and he has done nothing. To make matters worse, I was short these funds on my grandmother's 80 birthday which was the reason for my travel to Lakeland in the first place. My advice, RUN AWAY!! GO TO ANY OTHER HOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Mr. Felix, I would like to mention few things here to justify the procedures. When the guest makes the reservation, every hotel will always authorize the card, on the day of the arrival, just to make sure that it is a valid reservation. It is very important and the sole responsibility of the guest that the guest should always provide the hotel with a valid credit card with funds to confirm or guarantee his / her reservation. This is normal procedure for every hotel. At check-in., you made the decision to pay for the room charges with your fiancés card. We took money for room charges from her card only and no one else. I am sorry that your card you provided to make the reservation was declined and you were not able to pay for the room charges with your card as planned. Therefore, as per you request I sent two faxes to your bank. You left messages for me on the weekend and on Monday; I talked to you on the phone and sent the faxes on your request. I believe, we took the extra steps here to help you resolve the issue between you and your bank. If there is anything else, we can do from our side, please feel free to let us know. Thank you and very much appreciate your business.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

From the time we walked in the front door, Jonathan was "Jonny" on the spot - got us checked in immediately and couldn't have been more pleasant. Same with the Hotel...very nice room - great location. Having free parking and internet as well as breakfast makes this an incredible place to stay. Saves my family money which is very important. This Hotel will be the place to stay when we come back again! Thanks Days Inn!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
We are honored and very grateful for your business and comment. We really appreciate it. We offer the best rate and the best value to our customer. We are Rated #1, Four years in a row Chairman Award Winner, Five Sunburst hotel for service, cleanliness & amenities, 100% NON SMOKING, all GREEN PROPERTY, and AAA Diamond rated. In addition, we are Interior Corridor property and we offer FREE HOT Breakfast, Cable TV w/ 80 plus channels & HBO, phone calls, parking and high speed internet. In addition, we offer freshly brewed coffee, tea and USA today newspaper to all our guests 24 hrs a day. All Room includes Micro, Fridge, Safes, Iron w/ Ironing board, hair dryer, & high speed internet etc. We provide 24 hrs outdoor Pool, Business center, and fitness center. Finally, we have 1400 sq ft meeting room available for special occasions. Days Inn & Suites has made the exclusive list, which includes only the very best 1% of all our hotels and resorts in the world.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I recently stayed here for a family reunion. The hotel was clean and reasonable and very helpful with our reunion. The room I stayed in had 2 full size beds it was said to be there standard room. It did not have a remote in it I went to the front desk to tell them Jonathan was working that night he was helping other people and said he would make a note of it and would bring me one as soon as he had a moment to leave the front desk. 15 min later he brought me a remote I was very impressed. The breakfast was great as well continental with waffles. I was just happy they had more than just oatmeal and cereal. The pool area was clean for the most part a few minor bugs in the pool but being in Florida thats hard to avoid. Overall i enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn with no complaints I thought all the people at the front desk did a good job of handling all the chaos we brought to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
SamDaskundu, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Thank you for your comments and business. We very much appreciate it. We do offer very affordable discounted group rates for family reunions and for any other types of get together. We specialize and offer special discounted rates and packages for weddings, birthdays, baby showers, conferences etc. Our conference/meeting room can accommodate up to 80 guests. And you can always cater your own food from outside. For our friendly service, top quality amenities and super clean accommodation, we are rated as Top Valued hotel in the Polk County area. FYI, we are now one of the official preferred hotels for the world biggest Lego Land which is opening soon. We are selling tickets for Lego Land at a discounted price to all our valuable customers. However, we are very sorry that you had to wait even 15 minutes for the remote. It should have been in the room the moment you walked in. I apologize again. We will definitely make sure we don’t overlook this in the future. Our pool, business center and fitness center are open 24hrs. We are happy that you enjoyed our facilities to the fullest. In addition, all our rooms have microwave, refrig, safe, iron w/ ironing board, hair dryer, alarm clock, flat screen TV with 80 plus channels and HBO and high Speed internet (WIFI) in all rooms and public areas. We are so glad that you enjoyed and loved our breakfast. Yes, we do serve wide varieties of items in the menu. In addition, we serve quite a few hot items. Thanks again for your business and hope to see you in near future.

Been to Days Inn & Suites Lakeland? Share your experiences!