“Not Reccomended” 1 of 5 stars

1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   910 E. Memorial Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33801   |
Ranked #30 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
“Not Reccomended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015

So this place seems quaint, the people seem friendly on the exterior, and it is a hotel in the most corrupt part of Lakeland, Florida so I was not expecting it to be "glamorous" or "ritzy". It was just a place to stay for a few months while working, and steadily ON TIME paying real good money to these people every two weeks only to watch as slowly....

The WIFI got horrible. Not enough routers to access across the Hotel so a lot of rooms have very poor connections. The past 9 days there has been no WIFI what so ever and this Hotel advertises it. ( Never trust a hotel that has to advertise on Craigslist. That was my bad.. haha )

The LAKEFRONT Property so advertised is a sham. There is a huge wooden pavilion - tiki bar - dock set up in the back of the property where the wood is rotted from being near the lake for over 20 years, and is infested with Termites. Don't walk on this if you are over 78lbs, so that left some of us more healthy people from being able to walk around and catch some fresh air. Now the more suitable meth-heads, homeless and desititute people and prostitutes who venture along Memorial Blvd of course could hang out down there as they are starving, and gaunt.

Time moved on a little more in my few months of staying, and sure enough...

The RAILINGS along the walkways are prying loose from their concrete boltings.

The LIGHT FIXTURES are dropping from the ceilings and shattering on the sidewalks and walkways, and when informed when it happens. It takes them within an hour to respond and clean up when it should take less than 1 minute to correct the situation as it is a safety violation.

and then...
February 26th 2014...

Third month into being there..

The entire roofing in the corridor leading to my room collapses. I am talking concrete plaster insulation piping, rotten timbers of wood that have been up there for over 20 years because a piece of concrete with a metal plating was clearly labelled CNT (something or other) 1992 est. That was the first time the inside of that roof had seen day light since then. So they placed out yellow caution tape causing me to have to always go a longer away around the Hotel property to get to my room which was right next to this catastrophe.

( Room 2303 being the first room able to be rented as the entire front portion of the Hotel is unrentable due to walls, doors and ceilings collapsing. )

Can anyone say Code Enforcement?

At this very moment I am placing a complaint with them and city officials as I checked out last night. Got hassled over a remote control that was never in there room so the guy STOLE money out of my very hand so that he could feed his meth-addiction or what not, rather than fix up his hotel. And the pile of rubble at this moment is still sitting there in the corridor.

A hotel should not, and will not stay open in this condition.

Do not stay here people, your very lives are at risk.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2015

I hate it here. Im only here cause im homeless at the moment. When you walk into the lobby its kinda nice but once you walk to your room its like hell. Nothing but druggies and crazy people. The staff is so rude and the way they fix things is duck tape. If you cant stand noise don't come here cause there's nothing but noise i cant ever get sleep. I cant wait to find a place to stay so i can leave this hell whole! there's wholes in the walls from the outside i have pics and a video of both rooms i was in i was first in the $700 one now im in the "suit" witch isnt so nice. So save your time and money this place isnt worth it please trust me.

• Stayed January 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

This is by far the absolute worst place I have ever stayed. The staff are extremely rude. I'm sure that one of the security officers is on meth. The room was filthy. The tub was clogged and fell apart when I tried to shower. The bed had beg bugs. It was such a complete nightmare that we said forget it and left early. Sure i'm out of 200 dollars because of this and I was denied a refund, but there was no way I was going to stay any longer.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been here for a while now and It's a great place to stay. They have 24 hour security and I've never had any problems here. Everyone greets me by name and looks out for
me. They are very helpful. It is priced right and you get a great view of Lake Parker.

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Never again will I stay here...I paid for a week at 300 then was told by there security I had to leave because I had visitors so 5 minutes after I rented the room I asked for a refund I was told that I had to wait 24 to 48 hours for a approval for a refund so I waited then called the thing working the front desk told me nothing so I drove 3 hours to find out what was going on....so when I get there she tells me she denyed it....the ac didn't work the room was nasty...the pictures on the internet are not from this hotel....they say they have a pool...but they don't say its empty an dirty.....just the worst hotel I have ever seen

• Stayed June 2014
Beilen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This motel is probably the mos todd one i ever see. There are weids straffe people around and the rooms where basic and i think They did not change the sheets after the next guess. The room umber on the door was missing and it smells strange in the room. Inhad to pay $10 in deposit to preventie me from taking the towels with me. To be honest i would not take them if They should pay me for it. The door was not fitting properly so it wasn't a Great experience. I would not visit this one again. There are some nicer and better looking motels down the road.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My room. The a/c was broke and not cleaned. Behind the tv stand ,night stands. And underbed was not clean. One light bulb in sink around ( even thou i heard front desk tell someone that the housekeeper cleans behind them. And i saw the housekeeper in august not sure if she is a female. Go in a room and clean she never pulled stuff out and i notice she didnt change bedspreads.i heard they have new housekeepers but when i came by yesterday to see and maybe stay again . I saw the housekeeper still there.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Regal Grand Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!