“Very Busy Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
New Jersey
“Very Busy Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I visited to restaurant after 10:00 and it was packed. Ordered a later dinner, a mall steak, and was thinking it may not come out so good being it was sort of late and busy, but I'm happy to say the steak and whole meal came out great and it was an enjoyable time with friends.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food was good and the service was good considering the crowd. But for a Wednesday night it was very loud with happy hour and loud families and was very crowded

Chicago
“To Go Order”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ordered to go as we arrived to Lakeland late in the evening. Service was quick and our food was delicious!

Lakeland, Florida
“TOO BAD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We used to meet every Friday night after work for Happy Hour and dinner. The one in North Lakeland changed managers four different times...never for the better. Then the price of Manhattens escalated to six dollars $$$ per drink and NO HAPPY HOUR. So we meet every Friday elsewhere. Too bad, the food was good at Applebees....

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Amazing service, although I generally avoid chains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I generally avoid chain restaurants, but I was staying in a hotel next door, so this was convenient. I arrived around 6:45 on a busy Friday night, but they had a table ready, and were turning over tables very quickly as people left. I won't critique the food much, because Applebee's menu is pretty much the same everywhere. Their wine selection wasn't bad for a chain restaurant, and my grilled shrimp salad was very tasty. I can't eat bacon, so I had to ask them to make the salad without bacon and switch to a different dressing, which they did perfectly and very quickly.

The main reason I'm posting a review is the service. My server was very quick and efficient, the food came very quickly, and at least 3 people other than my server (one a manager) came by to ask if everything was alright and if I needed anything else. They were friendly, polite and always there when needed, without hovering or being bothersome. I wish some of my favorite hometown restaurants had employees like these!

• Visited December 2012