“Terrible...won't go again!” 1 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Florida
“Terrible...won't go again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

I visited chili's in Lakeland FL on 98N. It started with our skillet queso, we always get. We order two of them, the chips were over salted and very greasey, and the queso was very thin and had a layer of grease on the top. After that I ordered the chicken crispers that I always get, as a matter of fact I was on there Monday 1-25-2010 as well and order the same thing. This visit took place Saturday 1-30-2010. They were great on Monday but on Saturday they looked and tasted different. Server and manager informed me that they changed their recipe after I ordered and it was brought to me(which was not noted on the menu and should be). So they offered me something else. I really didn't want anything else because the chicken club tacos from the old menu and the chicken crispers were the only things I ate from chili's and that would be the whole reason I go there. So, the manager offered me a side salad while I waited for them to make a burger instead. The salad did not taste good and the only thing I ate out of that was the croutons. The burger was fine but I ordered mashed patatoes for my side and they had a big black rotten piece that the manager said was the eye of a patato. My husband asked the server for a side of honey mustard about 3 times and never got it. Our drinks had very little ice in them. My husband had sweet tea and only the top layer of his cup had ice in it, as well as my stawberry lemonade. My last refill of the stawberry lemonade was brought to me with absolutely NO ice at all. It was not cold at all. After finding out that my 2 favorite dishes and my husband favorite dish (the triple the cheese burger) are no longer the same or even on the menu, we will not be going back to chili's. We did not recieve any type discount at all. This was our favorite restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Food

47% Recommend
Arroyo Grande, California
“Good food, decent prices, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2008

I had the beef fajitas. Coming from California, I was not expecting much since we have the best Mexican food ever. It was the most tender meat I have ever had! The tortillas were as close to homemade as I have ever had in a restaurant. My dinner was so good. I would have Chili's fajitas again.

Our waitress was so great and with five of us , she kept up with all the extras we asked for. She even accommodated some of our group with coffee to go even though they did not have coffee cups to go. It was not too busy for a Thursday night.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love the bottomless basket of chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2008

I love the bottomless basket of chips