“Fun spot” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Fun spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Sat on patio after a detroit tiger game. Heard it was a new place. Service was very good. I had loaded backed potato , with some baked beans. Both were great. Washed down with two captain and cokes . Bill came to $16 including tip. Others in party had BBQ dinners and enjoyed them. Good people watching, overlooking downtown and a huge park

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Lakeland, Florida
“interesting place, but not my fav”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've gone several times to check out the music and the place is usually crowded. That said, I haven't felt really comfortable being there. Maybe it's the pool tables, or maybe the music is just a little too loud, or maybe the food selection (which I hear they are changing).

Visited February 2014
Lakeland, FL
“Not impressed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went in to try their barbecue lunch that was posted outside on the board. Came in, sat down at a table, bartender was talking to someone, then proceeded to walk around cleaning for a few minutes before he even noticed us there. He came over and handed us a "menu" (nothing but a printout on plain paper - no descriptions of food at all) and I ordered a BBQ Sandwich. When it came out, the meat was only lukewarm and tasted like it came out of a can. When I was ready to cash out, I waited about 5-10 minutes before I even saw the bartender and when he came back, he smelled like cigarette smoke. Definitely would not repeat.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Leamington, Canada
“EMPTY ON A SPECIAL DAY”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We did not get a chance to eat here and this is why. There were four of us who had come into downtown Lakeland to take in the annual Christmas parade. Once here in the core we decided to give Preservation Hall a try since it was neat 5pm and the parade was scheduled to start at 7pm. Upon entering the restaurant for the very first time we found the place to be nearly empty except for three men sitting at a bar. We sat ourselves into a booth and waited. And waited. My wife went to the bar and talked to the single fellow on duty and I could hear him say, "Oh you want something to eat? I will be over shortly as I'm by myself." He handed her four single sheet menu pages which had several items and all seemed to be priced at $8.00 flat rate. Not descriptions of the food items, no extras such as fries or salad. The price of $8.00 + for a BLT seemed a bit steep. We waited for service so we could find out more information but no one came. This was a very odd situation as there were 10's of thousands of people walking around and thousands of those were looking for a place to ear. Some restaurants in the immediate area had line ups on the outside waiting to get in. This place has four potential customers with only one person on duty. Duh. You would think they would have been prepared for one of the busiest nights in downtown Lakeland. We left without ordering and went to a food truck that was serving hamburgers and the like for $5.00 and they were very good. I know there was one other review that rated the place as excellent but this must have been because of a special event directly related to the restaurant because we could only come up with a POOR rating. Sorry.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, FL
“Great Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife (a former resident) and I just enjoyed an evening of dinner and drinks. Fish spread and ribs were excellent. I enjoyed the
chicken salad wrap. Excellent service from Gus and Chris. This could be a new favorite haunt. Afraid when everyone discovers it, we won't be able to get in!

• Visited August 2013