“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 hotels in Lakeland
saras
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

From the monent I got there I was impressed! The girl at the counter did an outstanding job checking me in, and answering my questions. She was new ,but very helpful---named Hilda! The room was clean, the parking lot was secured and I slept well!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Amin M, Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here at Travelodge Lakeland. We hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you!

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was traveling alone. Checked into room 210 and given a key to the door for building 2. Could not make the key work in the lock so walked to building 1 which was open and carried my bags through both buildings. Hallway hot and reeked of cigarette smoke.

Dumped bags in room & went to dinner. When I returned key would not work in lock of building 2, or 1. Lobby locked. Not what I like to do .. stand alone at night in a parking lot trying to get inside a building. Finally a staff person let me in.

Traffic on I4, about 100 yards from the room, goes on all night. Trucks roar and shake the room. No double pane glass here I guess. Drapes block the light except they do not reach the sides or floor, so room is fairly bright all night. No sheers so can't open the drapes (which face the parking lot, slip road & I4) during the day so the room is like a damp, perfumed cave.

Breakfast is packaged Sara Lee bagels & muffins + toaster. 2 choices of cereal (all coated with sugar), packaged oatmeal (with lots of sugar added). Coffee OK. Fresh oranges & apples to peel. Sugary juices. Condiments for the bagels & coffee.

I was ready to move after the 1 night, but was given a room (upgrade) in the back (109) away from I-4 which seemed much quieter. I came in late again and discovered the A/C in that room sounded like a cross between a lawn mower and a blender. Again difficulty sleeping but not as bad as the roar of trucks and earthquake-like vibrations on the I-4 side of the building. I normally can sleep through just about anything... this was over the top!

The staff all very friendly and helpful. The motel is clean (except damp & a bit smelly - probably because A/C not working well). Nice big flat screen TV with Direct TV, microwave, fridge, coffee maker in room. Fluffy clean newish towels. Comfortable beds. WiFi works well.

Price was good, but I do wish I had stayed elsewhere. I went home exhausted. Somehow the rest doesn't matter if one can't sleep.

Maybe the owner should fix the AC & replace the glass on the I-4 side of the building and up the prices a bit to pay for it.

Room Tip: Do not under any circumstances take an even numbered room (rooms on the I-4 side of the building) un...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sunrise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My air conditioner broke and owner went out of way to check problem and move me right away.
stayed at many hotels and here they treat you better than family. On my next trip I will stay here again. friendly courteous staff. God bless!

Room Tip: they had a great selection and all seem excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fruitland Park, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Be prepared for a no frills stay! The owner does not turn on the A/C for the building, so the hallways are like saunas! I feel sorry for the cleaning staff. However, individual units keep the rooms cool after you run them for a few hours. They have a physical key to the outside doors which did not work. The breakfast coffee was equally as thrifty. Thank goodness there is an IHOP on the same property - they had great coffee. The staff were friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge Lakeland? Share your experiences!