“Great Stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was...” 3 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus
“Great Stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great Stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodated my family. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Amin M, General Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. It is very important to us that each guest enjoys his or her time here. We hope you will come back to Travelodge Lakeland, and thank you for writing a review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Hudson, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked this hotel at the last minute on the AAA.com site for a triathlon I was doing and got a very inexpensive rate hoping it would be decent. I accidentally booked a smoking room and although I could not change the room it did not smell like smoke at all. The room was very clean, as was the bathroom, the bed was comfortable and it was nice to have a balcony to sit on. The only issue was the sound of cars on the I4 but it didn't bother me, even when sleeping, but in case this is a concern, take this into consideration when booking. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and I did not personally eat the breakfast, my boyfriend said it was more than adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away farthest from I4 if you may have a concern with noise
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amin M, General Manager at Travelodge Lakeland, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. we open all the doors and patio doors on a daily basis which pretty much takes care of the smoke smell. However we have now added more non smoking rooms keeping only 8 smoking rooms out of 64.
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I booked this room to stay at after the annual Wingin' It Festival in nearby Winter Haven. Apparently it was a busy weekend and most of the hotels nearby were sold out, so we "settled" for this one. I called to double check the check-in time since it was so early and was pleased to hear that it was correct online. We arrived before noon and were able to get directly into our room. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant, helping us with some general questions we had. When we walked in the room was very spacious and much larger than we had expected. The rooms had concrete walls which made it very quite and cooler. Every room has a balcony and large sliding glass doors which I thought was a nice touch rather than just a window. I cannot tell you how impressed I was with how clean the rooms were! It looks from the outside like an older building so you don’t expect much, just wait until you get inside! Sadly we were not able to take advantage of the breakfast, but the set up looked nice and larger than other hotels I’ve seen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our staff were ecstatic when they read such good comments. we really appreciate it and this motivates our housekeeping and front desk staff. It really makes it worthwhile for them.

Been to Travelodge Lakeland? Share your experiences!