Florida Southern College Frank Lloyd Wright Visitors Center
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 43 things to do in Lakeland
Activities: Walking
More attraction details
Owner description: This campus contains nine structures designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
manasquan,nj
13 attraction reviews
“frank llyoid wright”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

large collection of FLW buildings in this small community college. not quite up to its hype but enjoyed the guided tour with fee.

Visited January 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“amazing architecture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

spectacular just to walk the campus and see what great architecture feels like. i spent 3 hours there from the fountains to inspecting the masonry - whether restored or original- it's not to be missed for the architecture junkie.

Visited December 2012
new york
3 attraction reviews
“Frank Lloyd wright”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you are a fan of Frank Lloyd Wright, or interested in architect, this is a must! I arranged for a private tour, for me and my elderly mother. They had a wheelchair ready upon our arrival, and thru out our tour, Chris our guide, wheeled her along! The tour was informative, interesting, and fun! The 2.5 hours flew by! I m glad I called and made reservations, since others have mentioned confusion of tour start times. The only criticism would be the price I was quoted, and the price I was charged, varied. Despite this, it was a wonderful afternoon for both me and my 87 year old mother, worth ever penny!

Visited February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
“Large collection of FLW buildings, beautiful locale”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'd always wanted to make this trip during a visit to Central FL and am glad I finally did it. Frankly, though, I was disappointed by the tour as well as the buildings. The basic tour at $18 kept us in the visitor's center for 20 minutes, then a short walk to the chapel building next door. There we stayed for the duration. We were told about other buildings to look at on our own, but I would have liked to walk around more on the tour.

The buildings underwent some badly chosen re-purposing over the years, and some are in the process of restoration. FLW was an artist and not always practical, so there is quite a lot of damage from age and weather. I did not find the buildings particularly aesthetically pleasing in comparison to his other designs. That said, I am very happy to have had the chance to see this collection and this setting.

There is no fee to visit on your own. The water dome is turned on at low-capacity during limited hours to conserve water during dry periods. There is decent student eatery near the water dome if you want to have a meal or cup of coffee.

Visited February 2013
22 attraction reviews
“Stunning Frank Lloyd Wright architecture”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This treasure is not to be missed ... for us, it was an amazing find. We visited several times

The largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings in the world is located in Lakeland on the Florida Southern College campus. Wright designed these buildings over a 30 year span of time.

Visitors are welcomed to wander the grounds. We found staff to be helpful and very friendly. Some buildings are opened and may be toured, ie the chapel, library, etc. There is a staffed visitor center and gift shop where a map of the campus (and a brief description of the buildings)is available and for those who wish, guided walking tours begin there, as well. Be sure to see the stunning water dome. It is a circle, 160 feet in diameter, with a computerized fountain system that sends water into the air 45 feet. There is no charge for viewing any of this beautiful outdoor museum.

Travelers who viewed Florida Southern College Frank Lloyd Wright Visitors Center also viewed

Lakeland, Central Florida

Been to Florida Southern College Frank Lloyd Wright Visitors Center? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Florida Southern College Frank Lloyd Wright Visitors Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.