“Great Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #164 of 372 restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Pizza
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've eaten at J Burns with friends many times. Their pepperoni pizza is excellent. The service is great & they're very friendly. The restaurant is clean.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

54% Recommend
“Not real pizza”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

What they serve here is not what I call pizza. No real pizza sauce and cheese was not like any pizza I had before. It was overcooked and just warm not hot when it finally arrived at our table. Service was poor at best. Would not return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, FL
“great thin crust pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a wonderful local pizza place. Clean, reasonable prices, friendly staff, working hard to please you. My fave is their 7 inch "personal pan" deluze. There are times that edges are burned or it's not sooo crispy but they are still new and "getting it right". Two locations now, second on Edgewood Drive (larger). Great subs, decent $3 salad with bag dressing. There style pizza is different and delish. If you need deep dish or big soggy triangles, go elsewhere.

• Visited January 2013
“First pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I used to eat at the One in Brandon, Fl. When I was a kid about 35 years ago and it was excellent. I still think about them when I order pizza but now I' m in Arkansas. It was the first pizza I had that was' nt frozen at home. Back then we did'nt have all the big chain pizza places like they have now, I miss it and if I ever get back to Fl. I will be taking my grand kids there. Do they still cut them into squares?

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakeland, Florida
“Is this a frozen pizza”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had take out, took an hour, 30 minutes longer than they said it would take, maybe they had to go to the grocery store to buy a cheap frozen pizza because that is what it tasted like. Just a bad experience. There are so many other good pizza places in the area. I have no idea why someone would go J Burns.

• Visited December 2012