“Oh My !!! What a Gem of a find” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Gastropub
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Oh My !!! What a Gem of a find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just go and don't ask questions. This is a rare gem. Love the funky eclectic ambiance. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. Food was shockingly well prepared with a variety of choices. The scallops were tasty and huge. The mussel broth was to die for. And their homemade jelly was exquisite. Had a late night meal with a friend they kept the kitchen and restaurant open just for us. Love these people for life !!!

• Visited December 2013

Lakeland, Florida
“International flair”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

we have eaten here twice now. Both times for dinner. The food was amazing, the atmosphere perfect for visiting and the choices for wine and beer is better than at any other restaurant in town,

• Visited November 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

There are not many places you can sit outside in central florida, even though there are so many lakes and water surrounding the area. I looked on TA and found this restaurant and asked some friends and family living in Lakeland and they said it was good. We loved it! Showed up with a group of 8 on a busy Friday night, they seated us right away as there were a few tables they could push together that left just as we got there. It was a lovely night, starting to get nice outdoor weather, and the live music was a nice bonus. Food was wonderful, I had the mushroom flatbread, other had pizza, my husband had a salad and pate and loved it all.

The wine was a decent price, as was the food, not expensive for what it was. I really liked the atmosphere, the service was good, the waitress was really nice and friendly and overall we had a great experience. It also looked nice inside, but we chose to dine outside.

I would definitely go back next time I am in Lakeland.

• Visited October 2013
“A second look”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We revisited this restaurant with a group of family. It was a Saturday night and I was nervous after our previous visit. We had a great time! It was a beautiful night so we sat outside. The staff was great. The food and wine fabulous. A great time was had by all. Thanks

• Visited September 2013
Macon, Georgia
“Viva variety!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

The short:

It's a very well-run business with an entire staff that is friendly. The menu is is ever-changing (but they are sure to have a couple items on there permanently) and everything I've had tastes great. The wine and beer selection is braggable. There were only two beers on the menu that I had ever had -- which is saying a lot, as my M.O. is to try a different beer anywhere I go.

The long:

Every staff member (from our server to the chefs/cooks/bar tender) made an effort to make sure our experience was comfortable. Everyone seemed really relaxed, but eager to please. My wife and I enjoyed an appetizer of assorted olives that they prepare in-house. They were delicious and went really well with my beer selection, and my wife's wine.

Speaking of the wine... every week they have a random wine that they sell for $4 (maybe $5?) per glass. Sometimes it's a really nice red...sometimes it's a standard white. I'm assuming it depends on what they have in overstock. They have a full bar as well. I haven't gone after the mixed drinks/liquor yet, but they have plenty of craft beers in stock.

Our party of 4 all enjoyed the food. My wife got the house "spaghetti." I put it in quotations because it is no where near your traditional spaghetti dish. They use a green sauce and noodles that are akin to rigatoni. It was good, they just shouldn't call it spaghetti. They do, however, give you fair warning on the menu and via server to advise you that it is not your traditional spaghetti.

Our companions got a dessert -- bread pudding. It was too good to really talk about. Just save room for it (or share), as it's very rich.

Overall the experience was great. The prices were pretty fair considering the quality of the food. The portions weren't huge by any means, but it was about what should be expected at a nicer restaurant. An appetizer and 2 entrees would be plenty for a couple.

Side note: The atmosphere is very homey. They have a nice patio area (where they grow some of their own ingredients) and the bar area looked cozy as well. It reminded me almost of one of those little coffee houses that people run out of an actual residential house.

• Visited July 2013