“Worth a trip back” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Madison, Alabama
“Worth a trip back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

After a morning of birding at the Circle Bar B Reserve, we took the short drive into Lakeland for lunch. Based on reviews we chose the West Caribbean Cuban. We were not disappointed. I had an assortment of appetizers for lunch, others had sandwiches and salads. All very good. Unique menu. Have to try something else different next time like the goat or ox tail or some Cuban pork specialty.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great cuban food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was looking for a good cuban restaurant in Lakeland and tried the West Caribbean Cuban restaurant. I had the roast pork with black beans/rice combo and plantains. The food was excellent and there was so much that I had the leftovers for lunch the next day. This is now one of my favorite places to eat in Lakeland. Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2014
“New experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We happened into this restaurant from tripadvisor. We had sandwiches, a milk shake and Cuban coffee. The server was great and very helpful as we were new to Cuban food. The food was delicious.

Lakeland, Florida
“Probably the best Latin food in Lakeland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Went there based on other customers reviews and I do agree with most reviews. Very clean place with good athmosphere and excellent food. The white beans and rice soup was one of my favorites. We were a party of 4 and all of us enjoyed the food and athmosphere. The value is exceptional for the quality of food privided. For someone who likes latin food, I highly recommend this Restaurant!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious Cuban Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This restaurant literally stuck out among the mostly warehouse type building neighborhood with its colorful paint job. The positive thing about being located in this area is the lack of a huge lunch crowd and that suits me fine. And oh yeah, the food was fantastic as well. I first ordered the chicken empanada for an appetizer and then the pechugas de pollo ala plancha with yellow rice and black beans as the main dish. The portions was so huge, I had to styrofoam most of it. Lastly, I couldn't say enough good things about the server. She was the most patient, sweet, knowledgeable server in Central Florida!

• Visited December 2013