“Service wasn't awful, it was non-existent” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: phone: 863 - 647 - 1742
Description: phone: 863 - 647 - 1742
Lakeland FL
“Service wasn't awful, it was non-existent”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went to Bob Evans the other night. They were not that busy. The food was good, but the service straight out of Dante's Inferno. Waitress couldn't find the crackers, so we got none with our soup. Brought our rolls but not butter. Had to ask twice for honey. Brought my baked potato with no butter or sour cream. Never offered to refill our drinks. She was serving 4 tables but was extremely slow in responding to any request. Tried to take my wife's plate before she was finished with it, which was really strange because she did not remove any other items from the table the entire time. Had to ask twice for a take-home box. The others in this area were experiencing the same thing. One gentleman got his biscuits after he finished his entree. None of the tables in the area were bussed. Very messy. I complained to the manager and got our meals free.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lakeland, Florida
“The worst Bob Evans I've ever been to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I grew up in Ohio where Bob Evans was founded and have always loved this restaurant. My husband and I ate there one day and it was the worst experiece of any Bob Evans. Our server was more a pain because all he did was complain about his coworkers. Our food was tasteless and after our food was delivered we never saw our server or a manager again. Our server put our check on the table when the meals were delivered. We both needed refills but couldn't get the attention of any one. When the cashier asked us how everything was, we honestly told her and she shrugged her shoulders and said "well, you still have to pay". I would never go back to this location and am really struggling to go back to any Bob Evans location.

Visited December 2012
Leamington, Canada
“GREAT DOWN ON THE FARM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Love Bob Evans because you know ahead of time what to expect. We enjoy the breakfasts here on the farm and often are sent two for one coupons via the internet. This then becomes good value.

Visited February 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Worst coffee in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I never order the coffee here unless I want to polish some boots or take the chrome off a bumper. Other than that I loved the eggs benedict.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“No smiles at this Bob Evans”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were shocked when we entered into this Bob Evans. We frequent Bob Evans from Ohio through the south and can always count on friendly service and delicious food. We were surprised at the lack of smiles on the servers' faces and the lack of light-hearted hospitality that we've come to expect at Bob Evans restaurants. The dark haired woman who seated us never once looked at us in the eye, nor smiled. My partner had to smile and encourage her to "Look at me!" before she even looked up. Our server was nervous and not very efficient. It took her 20 minutes to clean tables next to us and even longer for them to be wiped clean... and then with the rag that had been sitting in the mess on the table. As I looked around the restaurant, not one of the servers were smiling either at each other nor anyone else. It was bizarre. The blond woman who took our money at the end of the adventure even managed to say "thank you" and "have a nice day" without cracking a smile. The food took a lot longer than normal to be served and wasn't as good as Bob Evans food normally is. Neither of us would recommend this Bob Evans to anyone. The manager there needs to work very hard at getting his/her staff to understand that what customers see first is "the face." Without a smile, there is no welcome nor hospitality.

• Visited November 2012