“A great learning experience and a wonderful time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 20 Activities in Lakeland
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Tours, Ranch & Farm
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Have you ever dreamed of going on an authentic safari? At Safari Wilderness Ranch, you will enjoy fresh air year-round as enormous birds soar overhead. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will tour you through 260 acres, interacting with huge herds of wetland exotic species, Watusi cattle, and Haflinger horses in custom safari vehicles, fitted with shade canopies and stadium seating. Or book a camel back or horse-drawn carriage game viewing safari tour. Indulge your senses in optional lemur and budgie parakeet encounters. A Florida Agritourism project. Located 6 mi. north of I-4 between Orlando and Tampa in an expansive and pristine wilderness area. Tours Wed – Sun at 10am and 1pm BY RESERVATION ONLY.
“A great learning experience and a wonderful time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I had the best time on this tour. The open bus was wonderful for getting up close with the animals. The tour guide was awesome and surprised me with the knowledge that she had. This was the best most informational safari tour I've ever been on. If I were at Busch Gardens or Disney, they would have been hurrying us through and getting us in and out like cattle. On this tour they took the time to explain everything and answer any questions we had. We even got one on one time by feeding some of the animals which was awesome. Anyone who thinks this tour was not worth the money or was not satisfied should probably stay in the city and not "bless" us with their presence. They are obviously spoiled and should stick with Disney and continue to pay three times what Disney is really worth. But for anyone who is REALLY interested in nature and animals, this tour can't be beat and definitely worth the time and money. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcomed and letting us enjoy your ranch :)

Alex S, Manager at Safari Wilderness Ranch, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our ranch in such kind words! We hope to see you again!

Lakeland, Florida
8 attraction reviews
“Best day ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was trying to find something to do with some friends and family. I decided on Safari Wilderness Ranch. This was the best time I have had at any attraction in Florida. We have done the Disney's, Busch Gardens, Sea World and all the other attractions in Central Florida. At Safari Wilderness, my grandchildren, family and friends got to get up close and personal with animals that are extinct or near extinct in the wild. I loved seeing baby animals that couldn't survive in the wild but are so healthy and thriving here. All of the animals look so healthy and well taken care of. What a thrill to feed water buffalo by hand and look eye to eye with an ostrich without any fencing between us. You haven't lived until you have seen a ZeeDonk. We saw so many animals, I can't even remember all the names but I remember so many details about them. We had the most knowledgable young tour guide. She was amazing. She was so funny and full of information about all the animals. We were able to see a nest with ostrich eggs and when we got back to the welcome center, we were able to handle one. I could go on and on about what a wonderful trip we had but I would run out of room. I am so impressed with the ranch that I am going to check into volunteer opportunities there. I just loved it that much. People can keep Disney World and all the other "tourist traps". This is the real thing and I can't wait to go back.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to seeing you again!
Toronto
4 attraction reviews
“The best-kept secret outside Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

When we talk about our 10-day trip to the Orlando area, the first thing we mention is our wonderful experience at the Safari Wilderness Ranch. Better late than never, we actually visited in April 2012, not long after the park opened. Aside from a few booking glitches (book early and double-check your arrangements later! If in doubt, check again!), the trip off the beaten path was well worth it. Gone are the glitz and mandated memories of a certain other animal park. It's just you and the animals, baby! ...and a couple of knowledgeable and enthusiastic hosts. You will get much closer to the animals, feed some gentle water buffalo (the safer kind) and have an opportunity to feed lemurs (don't miss this experience!). A large variety of African and Asian animals are wandering the ranges, with varying degrees of curiosity towards their human voyeurs. The tour bus wasn't too crowded, so lots of room to wander from side to side, depending on where the action is. It is also mercifully covered, to protect from the sun, but open to catch the breezes and delicate odeurs.

We got a Living Social deal, but after the experience, I would have paid full price. The tour was an outstanding opportunity for us and our 12-yr old animal lover. I understand there's more activities available now, but they are icing on the mud pie!

Visited April 2012
Thank you for the fantastic write-up! We hope you choose to visit us upon your next visit to central Florida!
“Well worth your time to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed it. It felt like a real safari. Our driver and our tour guide were excellent. We saw exotic animals that were so much better in front of us than if we saw then in pictures. It was so refreshing to see them running around free, instead of zoo like conditions which now seem deplorable. All in all, it was a wonderful family experience.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the tour with your family—we aim to make our experience as close to a "real" safari as possible, and it is music to our ears that we've achieved this. We hope to have you and your family back to visit!
Winter Haven, Florida
“Wildlife Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I had the most wonderful tour. The animals came right up to the bus. Tour guide and driver were very knowledgeable and entertaining.

Visited February 2013
Ray, so glad to hear you had a wonderful tour! Come back and see us again!