“Bad” 1 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   244 N Florida Ave, Lakeland, FL 33801   |
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
“Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

I stayed at Lake wire for a few nights the room I had although clean was terrible for these reasons the bed was as hard as a rock and I do mean excessively hard what bothered me as much or more were the drapes they are so sad all available light outside from parking lights comes in keeping the room very lit at night making it hard to sleep at least for me the air conditioner works poorly. For a little bit more money you could get a lot better room although there was a microwave and small refrigerator there is no coffee maker no iron No continental breakfast in the morning nothing

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Don't know if I can technically write a review if I did not actually go in because when we pulled into the parking lot, I simply said "this isn't going to work for us". It appeared very dirty, some windows had what appeared to be bed sheets as curtains, others had curtains that were barely hanging. The paint was peeling and the general condition of the outside was very poor. The grounds were dirty and unkempt. Both my hubby and I were embarrassed because we had another couple with us and I had booked the lodging. Couldn't bring myself to go in. The place was budget lodging but even at the price I paid, it was way too much. Fortunately I was able to get the cancellation fee refunded because we arrived passed the cancellation deadline. Called booking.com and the fella who helped me was great and got the cancellation fee waived. Thankfully we were able to find another accommodation that was much cleaner and still close to the stadium.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed there 2 weeks and wished I could have afforded to stay longer. The staff was always visible if you needed towels, bedding, whatever and were very friendly. The Wifi would kick off occasionally, but if you just politely ask the front desk to reset the modem, problem solved. TV, free wifi, microwave, fridge in room, a pool outside. Next door to the bus terminal and in walking distance to nightlife. Non smoking rooms so you weren't gagged by the smell of cigarette smoke. Very pleasant, I would definitely stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My sister was staying here the pics on trip adviser looked clean and good enouph. NOT TRUE.Their was blood on the wall, carpet was disgusting, stale,gross smell, absolutely nasty. I would not shower here, and would rather sleep in my car. Only good thing is location.

Room Tip: do not stay here,NASTY.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Jasper, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This appears to be a property that was purchased without the proper revenue to make needed upgrades. The carpet needs replaced-not cleaned. The rooms were as clean as they could be but there was a strong deodorizer aroma that knocked you out when the door was opened. There are also many people residing at this motel. This trip we were traveling on a budget and were lured in by the photos and the proximity to downtown Lakeland. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't think there is one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lake Wire Inn? Share your experiences!