“Pack your own meal first, before going here” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #204 of 384 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Cat Island
“Pack your own meal first, before going here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to this Waffle House near the Holiday Inn the first night been in Lakeland, FL My assistant didn't really care for going, but I eat at least one Waffle House when I am in a city. The service and the food was horrible the grits was cold and didn't melt the cheese. When Ask the waitress. Did they have a microwave she said NO! And look at me as "You better eat them, just like that. I got the manager he took a $1.50 off the bill. What the manager didn't know I know the grits at waffle house cost more than that and I added the cheese. What he didn't know he lost a loyal customer from that Waffle House, when I travel sometimes it is a group with me. We would take our business some where else. I got back in my home town and went to the Waffle House where I know the service is good. Ordered the same thing and enjoyed my meal. I refused to allow two people that work for Waffle House spoil my love for the Waffle House. I refused to go back to their location because with that like of service it would not last long in the area.

Visited September 2013

Orlando, Florida
“great breakfast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

love the waffle house for the breakfast fare they have great food love this place they also have a very good kids memu

Visited August 2013
Augusta, Maine
“Small, but good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Being from the North, we don’t have Waffle Houses, so the GF, Little Man and I gave it a try. The food was basic, and cheap. Just what we needed at the tail end of our vacation. Looking at the building we weren’t expecting anything spectacular.

The food was good, much to my surprise from the staff that worked there. This was my first experience with grits and I was presently surprised. This was also the first place that served waffles with peanut butter on them. I love PB and was very happy to find this on the menu. Little man was able to find things that filled his picky belly, and the GF was able to something that she would be able to enjoy.

Our only complaint as that the staff seemed happier to chat with each other then acknowledge the guests in the restaurant. Normally this wouldn’t be a big deal, but were they don’t have an area that isn’t with in ear shot of the customers it can be a little much. For example there was a younger staff member getting berated for taking to many breaks. I’m ok with running a tight ship, but I don’t agree with having to hear it over my breakfast.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Convenient but Small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Located kind of out of sight from the nearby hotels, this proved to be a convenient and pleasant alternative to the unsatisfactory free breakfast provided at the Baymont. It's standard waffle house breakfast fare with special low pricing on Sunday. The waitresses are friendly and busy. This is a very small restaurant, so be prepared for a wait on weekends when the locals flood in.

Visited March 2013
Binghamton, NY
“My favorite little diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I love the pecan waffles, & their coffee. My husband loves their omelets. It's small, but cute. The wait staff is friendly & helpful.

Visited March 2013