“Very attentive staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Ocala, Florida
“Very attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for three nights. All of the staff that we dealt with were very helpful. They were available and cheerful. The linens were crisp, Many pillows to choose from.
This was our third stay at this location.

Room Tip: Two restaurants are very close by.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
lakelandflji, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Dear Donna G:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear that this is your third time at our location. My staff and I work hard every day to please our guest and make them feel at home, and this starts with Customer Service. Our beds and linens are also a very important part of our guest satisfaction. We hope to see you soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Danville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

We came to Lakeland for Winterfest Square Dance weekend and stayed 3 nights. We stayed here last year and thought highly enough to return this year.

Room had 2 double beds. Clean and mini-fridge worked fine. Wasn't a really large room but adequate.

Hotel seemed pretty fully every night we were there. There weren't enough tables any morning at breakfast. Usually some would notice us standing to eat our cereal and by the time we were half finished they would get up and offer their chairs. Continental breakfast. The hot part of breakfast is waffle iron. The staff behind the front desk has to be summoned when you need more milk or coffee. Most of the time they would have choc. chip muffins but one morning they ran out completely.

You can walk out the back door and eat at a Cracker Barrel which is one of the great points about this location.

Hotel is near enough to interstate for road noise to be a factor. However in FL. you are going to have the AC on, so the white noise generated by the fan covers any road noise (for us).

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Golfergeo:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the fact that you decided to come back. You came to visit us on our busiest season so we are pretty much full the entire month of February and March. Thanks for the compliment on our breakfast; we usually get great feedback on our chocolate chip muffins and we will take into consideration stocking up double on this specific flavor. We hope to see you again next year.

Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My husband and I booked this hotel while we were attending the Lakeland BBQ Pig Fest. Upon checking in, as we entered our room, we immediately smelled cigarette smoke (we are both non-smokers). First, I checked on the door to make sure it was a non smoking room (and it was). I called down to the front desk and told the representative of the problem. She came up and upon entering the room, agreed the smell was horrible. She then began to spray the curtains, chairs and carpet and said I hope this helps and she apoligized. After staying in the room for about 1 hour, my husband and I just could not take the smell any longer. I called down to the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. The representative said, I am sorry, but we have no other rooms available". Needless to say we did not sleep very well. At approximately 4am, I called the corporate offices 1-800 number and a very nice woman answered the phone and I explained my situation to her, she called the front desk and again was told no other rooms were available. She too apoligized for the smell. She assureed me that a customer service represenative would call me to follow up on Monday (today is Thursday and still have not heard from anyone). I called down to the front desk again at approximately 7am to tell the represenative that when someone checks out, I am requesting to be moved. The representaive said, no problem, come down stairs when you are ready. I got dressed, packed my things and went down stairs, the representaive gave me keys to the room next door at 7:15am. Isn't it iroinc that at 7am the room right next door to us had already been checked out and cleaned by 7:15am???????? To say the very least, I was extremely disappointed in the lack of service provided by this hotel and will never stay there again. No one called to follow up or offered any type of inconvenience discount. Jamesonn has lost a customer forever......

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The property was the cleanest I've ever been in, with fresh smelling linens etc. The mattress was the most comfortable...better than mine at home! Great place to stay overnight.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
lakelandflji, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Sarah N:
Thank you for taking your time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Jameson Inn Lakeland and had the opportunity to rest in our pillow top mattress. My staff and I are committed every day to make the hotel the cleanest in the industry. We hope you can visit us again next time you are in town.

Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

My daughter and I stayed overnight, while attending a college visit to Southeastern University. We booked thorough Priceline and go a pretty good price. The room was nice with the exception of the light cover in the bathroom that was hanging. The room was nice and they offered a good breakfast.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
lakelandflji, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Dear Mailpro56:

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Jameson Inn Lakeland and were able to experience all of our amenities especially the continental breakfast. I really appreciate your advice over the bathroom light cover, we will be making the improvements necessary to make guest like yourself be completely satisfied during their stay.

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is very clean and well maintained. The location is ideal, right off of I-4, sandwiched between an Applebee's and a Cracker Barrel--so good eats and drinks right next door. The pool area is nice and well maintained. The beds are comfortable and the room was very clean. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel description read that rooms are equipped with a fridge and microwave; upon our arrival, we did not have either in the room. When I called the front desk, they immediately delivered the unit to my room. The continental breakfast is above average--biscuits and gravy, waffle maker with fresh strawberry compote, fruit, cereal, muffins, toast, sweet rolls, etc. This hotel is also a great value. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
lakelandflji, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Dear Indianaallinfan:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review about our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Jameson Inn Lakeland and were able to experience all of our amenities including pool, fitness center and our continental breakfast. My staff and I do our best daily to make every guest feel comfortable and enjoy their home away from home at our hotel.

We look forward having you with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

­­­­­Tahiri Perez
Hotel Manger
Daytona Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I had a one-night stay at the Jameson in early May. The front desk clerk was nice enough, and the room was well-kept and had nice furnishings (including a recliner...where do you see that?). The only complaints I have was that the bed was a little too hard for my taste, and there was only one thin, full-sized towel in our room. In retrospect, I realized I had selected the default '1 adult' on my reservation, so that might be the reason (and possibly that the hotel's environmentally friendly stance has them micromanaging the number of towels per guest); however, most adults know that a woman prefers to have an extra towel to shower, so there should *at least* be two. We didn't take advantage of the wireless internet or the breakfast while we were there, but I can say that the stay was well worth the less than $70 price we paid.

Room Tip: Check number of towels before bedtime!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland? Share your experiences!