“Excellent service, ok amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Lakeland
Detroit, Michigan, United States
“Excellent service, ok amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I arrived late to the residence inn in Lakeland Florida. The desk clerk took very good care of us by quickly checking us in, and even upgraded our room to a two room suite for no extra charge. He did this for us so that we didn't have to wait any longer for a computer glitch which was taking a long time....great customer service! The location was in a great area and within walking distance to an outdoor mall. The exercise room did have a funky smell, and the equipment was limited, but functioned. All in all it was a great place to stay and would definitely return.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed at this Residence Inn for more than 5 years now. Each year over Christmas holiday. I will fess up that I was a grump to start; and desk staff this year was not as good as past years for daytime hours. But overnight staff excellent. Everything with our room was great. The hotel was clean and housekeeping went out of their way to help us as needed. We will be back. Very convenient location next to outdoor mall. Very pet friendly. Thank you.

Room Tip: We have stayed all over. Inner part of "L" is always nice. Could be over pool which is p...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Enjoyed my stay here. Room was exceptionally clean, the complimentary breakfast buffet was good and well tended to. I appreciated the measuring cup in the kitchen as I was on a diet in which I had to measure some things out. Although it is walking distance to the outdoor shopping mall just across the parking lot, it would have been a bit of a hike at night so I opted to drive over there. You could easily walk if you wanted to. I ate at a delicious restaurant that I highly recommend called B.D.'s Mongolian BBQ. It is located in that shopping mall over by the movie theatres. You get to pick out all your own food and then bring it to the grill and chefs grill it for you. The bar was hopping that night as well because there was a live band there (it was a Weds). All in all I recommend the hotel. It has a great location next to everything and it was a good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Winter Park
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Although the rooms are very nice the hotel has chosen to cut back on amenities. The hotel had until recently offered a full array of hotel channels but recently cut back over 27 channels so if you like Scyfy, FX, AMC, Oxygen, WE, Animal Planet, Discovery, Bravo, Lifetime, etc. your out of luck. (The front desk clerk let me know when I questioned. Apparently other guests also complained) Also the hotels internet is limited to 3/4 mbps for upload and download per user making it seem at times like using dial up! (Their contracted internet service let me know this when I called) I also do not understand why they cannot have king size beds in the 1 bedroom suites instead of one queen bed it would make it much more comfortable for a couple. As you read before getting into the hotel is not easy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lakeland, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear fdipace,

Thank you for your comments; it is through important guest feedback like yours that we are able to improve. We have since added 27 additional channels to our high definition lineup bringing our total to 72 (this includes 3 premium HBO channels). Additionally we have upgraded our internet bandwidth to a Fiber Optic connection more than tripling our previous speeds to meet our travelers increased technology needs. While we do only offer Queen Size beds, our 50% larger all suite studio, one, and two bedroom suites offer plenty of room to stretch out and relax on long trips. We look forward to being your home away from home on your next visit to Lakeland.

Thank you for staying with us!
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here for a week in September 2012. Nice overall. Shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance. Confusing driveway entrance/exit, very poor design. Miss the main driveway and you'll be navigating your way through adjacent business parking lots. Suites have plenty of room and comfortable beds for the business traveler. Friendly and accomodating staff. Breakfast and evening reception food is so-so.

Room Tip: Upper floors are less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I happened to become sick while on a business trip to Lakeland and needed to switch rooms because the AC unit was keeping me awake. The very nicely let me into two rooms to see if they would be better then what I was currently in and let me choose which one to switch to. I slept much better the next few nights. Front desk staff was nice, manager was friendly and great.

Room Tip: My first night was in an even numbered room. I switched the second night because of what I think was...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RiLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Lakeland, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear asouth,

Sorry to hear you got sick on your trip to Lakeland, I know traveling is stressful enough without getting sick. I am very happy to hear the staff was able to get you into a room you could be comfortable in and rest during your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire team. We look forward to being your home away from home the next time you visit Lakeland.

Thank you for staying with us!
Norwich, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stayed for four nights at this hotel and it was like a home away from home. The staff were really really friendly to chat with and helpful whenever we needed anything. The rooms were spacious and had everything we needed during our stay. The location was right next to a lot of restaurants, stores and a large outdoor shopping plaza. The breakfasts were good and a hot main course changed each day. The pool was clean and not heavily chlorinated like some hotels I've been in. Tea, coffee, hot water were always hot and ready to be served in the lobby throughout the day, the gym was decent for a good cardio workout (one elliptical and two treadmills with TVs attached to each). We were well pleased during our stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Lakeland? Share your experiences!