“......I have no words!... "Terrible is the only word i can think of!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Relax Inn Lakeland

Save Saved
You added Relax Inn Lakeland to your Saves list
Relax Inn Lakeland
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   1433 Lakeland Hills Boulevard, Lakeland, FL 33805   |
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Miami, Florida
“......I have no words!... "Terrible is the only word i can think of!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I rented this "Inn" through Expedia. I get to the "Inn" and it turns out its this motel in a bad neighborhood (i know its bad because there were like 10 police cars in the same street, i bet it has something to do with the people there.) My husband and I leave our children in the car to check in, but when ringing the receptionist bell no one came. Before even getting out of the car my children were scared to tears. I couldn't let my children stay there. The "lobby" was completely dirty and the motel had an inconvenient parking lot. My family and I had to go searching for an actual "Inn" or hotel. We checked a bunch of hotels and "Inns" they were average, but most were full because of spring break related trips. One we went to was way to expensive for 1 night. Another had only smoking rooms, which I couldn't accept because my daughter had problems breathing around smoke. Me and my husband even went in to the room and it smelled terrible. "I can barely breath in here with you two sitting there! And you two aren't even't smokers!" My daughter says after getting in the car. We finally found a real Inn, but it cost us $163 for one night! My son began arguing over the phone with Expedia demanding a refund. The Expedia representative said they would call the motel manager but the said he wouldn't be there to the next day (March 11.) So we call that day and what a coincidence that they say he cant be there 'til the upcoming Wednesday. That Wednesday my son will call Expedia again and the manager. On the window it said NO REFUNDS, but i don't care! I'm getting my money back whether they like it or not! We didn't even stay there. I really hope we get our money because if not it'll be about $237 down the toilet in one night. My son even told Expedia that if we don't get our money we will never rent through Expedia ever again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Orlando, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

terrible staff (Rude) older caucasion lady at front desk has a nasty attitude. she charged me 80 for a double and they have a NO REFUND policy didn't know that until after i looked at the room. the room stunk like molded carpet, sex and cigarettes. the bathroom floor was nasty, toilet barely flushed, towels were half dirty, holes in the walls, and not to mention the bumms that were outside the hotels parking lot(not safe). my family decided not to stay within 15min. the old lady at the front said she would give us 39. our $80 so we forced to stay NO Mercy she showed. we got no sleep because of the slamming room doors all night. including no breakfast for 80 a night or $39 back if we leave! all hotels are booked. i will make reservations at motel 6 next time or howard johnson, their nice!

Room Tip: Anything But This!!!!!!!!!!!