“Try one of their Magic Squares - Delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 384 Restaurants in Lakeland
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Lakeland, Florida
“Try one of their Magic Squares - Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Frescos Bakery and Bistro in downtown Lakeland
This was our first visit to the Frescos Bakery and Bistro (visited 05/04/13). We went on a Saturday because we felt we would miss much of the weekday work lunch crowd (and did). Our waitress arrived quickly and after handing us a menu, asked if we wanted water which they bring in a quart size refrigerated bottle and leave on the table. (Nice idea.)

After looking over the menu and I decided to try the Reuben and my wife opted for a South West Salad. I upgraded my side to a bowl of ‘mac and cheese’ since I had seen someone with it as we arrived. The Ruben and Salad were good; however, the bowl of mac and cheese did not have the ‘baked on’ layer of cheese I saw on the one that came as an entrée. I’d say it was OK; but nothing to get excited about.

Since this is also a ‘bakery’, we had to try one of their desserts. They have a very good selection and were told they change frequently. We opted for a Seven Layer Magic Square (warmed) which was delicious (and enough to share). All in all I’d say the prices are reasonable and the staff attentive.

They have a very through web site (with prices) so check it out if you want to know more.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vermont
“Good food in a hip atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited Frescos for late afternoon Sunday brunch. Frescos is a european style restaurant/bakery offering options for sitting inside or out. We arrived around 2:45pm so the live music was just wrapping up as we were being served. I had eggs benedict florentine with hash browns and fruit. I'm pretty picky about my hollandaise sauce and I thought the hollandaise at Frescos was pretty good. I also really liked that this restaurant offered fruit as a side. I'd recommend Frescos for good food in a hip/trendy atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Average, that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

The prices are good and this place is great for a fast lunch. Went there several times but the food was kind of bland. Overall, it's worth going at least once to check it out

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
florida
“Fresh and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Fresco's brunch and outdoor seats are very enjoyable. They also cater events around the area like Keel and Curry Friday wine downs in Plant City. Their omelets are incredible

Visited January 2013
Lakeland, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been there several times. The first time was with my friend and my cousin. The sandwich was delicious but the dessert was even better. Now my excersize group meets there once a month. They have a banquet room that they always put us in and it's set up so elegantly. They are reasonable priced and again, the food is delicious. The gentleman that waits on us is a jewel. They are lucky to have him. He keeps up with our group of 20+ ladies that range in age in 47-88 yrs old. He keeps track of our orders and even makes a game out of it for our give aways.

• Visited February 2013