“Saving grace is being the only game in town” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Buffet
Lakeland, FL
“Saving grace is being the only game in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Been there several times. Keep going back because others say it's gotten better. It hasn't. Every chef at every Japanese Steak House comes out of the kitchen with the same food on their cart. It's ALL about preparation. Food here is comparitively bland and under seasoned. Soy Sauce is a lighter color than ANY I've ever seen. Suspect it's watered down. They appear to be sacrificing taste in exchange for a better bottom line.

Visited February 2012

Bartow, Florida
“It's Ok - others better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Guess I expect more from the buffet. Kind of ordinary. We didn't try the sushi/steakhouse side, just the buffet. It used to be better, when it had another name. Don't know if changed owners or what.

Visited January 2012
Plant City, Florida
“don't eat here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

we decided to try this place on a Sunday evening. Red flags should have went up when we walked in the door because the place was empty. The food was terrible and the crab legs were awful. The crab meat was gray and I was afraid to eat it. Everything else was dry and awful. My two kids were charged $7.99 each. They are 2 and 4. This place charges children by height. I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'10", so naturally my kids are tall, but they didn't eat $15.98 worth of food. I don't mind paying for good food. I can't stand paying for terrible food. The service was great, but that didn't make up for the food or for the outrageous bill.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“A lovely lunch experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

The food was great. The best variety of sushi I've seen at a buffet. The atmosphere was nice and the staff were friendly and fun.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“Absolutly Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The food was very good. We enjoyed the Habachi, and also ordered sushi on the side. Our Habachi chef was very entertaining, and the sushi was perfect. The prices were actually lower than I expected, considering we had soup, salad, sushi, and our meal which came with fried rice, noodles, and vegtables. The service was impecable. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. I would highly recommend this to anyone in the general Tampa Bay area.