“Business Meeting for 20” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Evansville, Indiana
“Business Meeting for 20”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff and management of this hotel did a fabulous job supporting a business meeting for about 20 participants. The meeting room was set up exactly as requested, the a/v equipment was included in the room price, and worked like a charm. The refreshments were set out promptly and without fuss. Everything requested was delivered cheerfully and efficiently. I could not have asked for more. Thank you, Monique and staff!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you Cortney P for your kind review! We are so happy that your meeting went off without a hitch. The whole team worked very hard on the event and we are glad you were able to see that. We make sure our audio visual equipment is up to date and working correctly. We hope if you have another meeting we will see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located off I-4, and close to several chain restaurant as well as the Lakeland Regional Medical Center, the HIE Lakeland is a great value.

The hotel is very clean, nicely decorated, and the front desk staff was very accomodating.

We appreciated the two room layout of our suite, the covered pool, and the included breakfast each morning.

• Stayed July 2013
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you Noelle68 for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are conveniently located between lots of different attractions and things to do. Our staff is trained and always prepared to assist you in any way possible. We hope to see you soon!
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this Holiday Inn Express. It was convenient to the attractions of Orlando and the beaches of St. Petersburg, Clearwater, and Cocoa without the high prices you would pay if you stayed in those immediate areas. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and the rooms and hotel were very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a balcony room, which was nice, but we weren't really there enough to use it...
Green Features: I appreciate all efforts on behalf of the environment.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Kay H for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We are so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and also our convenient location. We are glad to know our staff was able to accommodate you on your trip. The balcony rooms are a guest favorite and we hope the next time you’re in town you can enjoy it even more. Thank you again.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family and I came in for our annual family reunion. I must say the hotel was beautiful. I had 2 rooms and I was stuck at the airport. I called the hotel and asked them to please allow my sister to go into one of the rooms. The front desk agent Paige was able to let my sister in the room. It made a very stressful day a little better. The hotel had a great breakfast and was perfect for our family. If we ever have our family reunion in Lakeland again we will be sure to come back to the holiday inn express.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Hello G O! We would like to thank you for your recent review. We are happy to know that the staff was able to accommodate you. We had a great time with your family reunion. We hope to see you all again very soon.
Yorktown Heights, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I travel to Lakeland often for business. I am very weary of where I stay because a lot of the hotels in the area are not up to par. This Holiday Inn Express in Lakeland is my first choice when I will be in the area. It is new and very clean. The staff is very hospitable every time I arrive. They assist me with any questions that I have and even suggested some of the best places to eat in the area. I know when I book here that I am going to have a good nights rest. This is why I return every time I am in Florida.

Room Tip: I like the Studio suite because it is roomy.
Green Features: I noticed that the hotel uses energy efficient lighting.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank You Clark W for your review of our property! We are very happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us. Our property is the newest property in Lakeland and we pride ourselves on keeping our property look that way. We like to believe we have the best staff in Lakeland on hand and ready to assist in any way possible. We look forward to your next visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked this one night stay through hotwire so I was not sure what I would get until after I booked it. I was VERY pleasantly surprised! The staff I worked with was very friendly and engaging both over the phone and in person. To start with, hotwire had the street name incorrect and my GPS placed the hotel on the south side of Lakeland. It is NOT on the south side of Lakeland, it is right off I-4 like it says. I called, confused, and talked to Sandy. She set me up with the right street name and I crossed town, now in a bad mood because my hotel was further away from my son's swim meet than I expected. The hotel is hidden behind at least 2 other similar style hotels and I had to turn around a couple of times. The exits off of I-4 in this area are awkward in this area, be sure to find and follow the signs.

As we were checking in with Sandy (again) she asked about my room/bed preference. I was indecisive and after a couple of minutes she offered a great solution. She had upgraded my son and I to an executive suite. I said that would be fine not knowing what a treat it would be. We ended up with a separate room for me with a bed, TV, and closet and a "way cool" sofa bed in the sitting areas for my 11-year old son. He thought it was great, I did not tell him otherwise. I was happy he had his own TV and I could shut the door on him! The room had fridge / microwave / coffeemaker though we only used the fridge. The room was clean and appeared to be hardly used - I love newer hotels!

The reservation came with complementary breakfast. Week day hours start at 6 AM but weekend hours start at 7. Because of our distance from the competition pool we had to be on the road by 6:30 AM Sunday morning. I let Sandy know about my disappointment and she said that I should come down early anyway including that it takes some time to set it all up and they start early so it is ready on time. I did come down early and the new person on duty (sorry did not get name) helped us get food and on the road on time. It was perfect for our needs.

Around noon, my son discovered that we left an item of sentimental value in the hotel room. I called and got Sandy (back on duty) again. She took my cell number, located the item with housekeeping, called me back, and we picked it up before leaving town later in the afternoon. I am not usually such a needy traveler and because of that I wanted to tell others about what a great experience I had. This trip had the potential to go VERY wrong but it did not. It was perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LAFL, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you Sandmkey! We greatly appreciate your detailed review on your recent stay. We as a team like to make sure that every guest has an excellent stay. We are happy to know we were able to make a day that didn’t start off to great a little bit better for you. We do our best to accommodate our guests and make sure their stay is stress free and as smooth as possible. We hope that if your son has another swim meet or you need a relaxing weekend you choice to stay with us again. Thank you again!
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This Holiday Inn was recently refurbished and I have to say, they did a great job. Monique Desmore assisted in a 16 room reservation and never once complained about the adjustments that had to be made. Paige Harden, the front desk manager, was fabulous and extremely accomodating. The location is perfect because you've got restuarants flanking the place. I would highly recommend staying at this particular location and Monique and Paige deserve raises specifically for dealing with me! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: If you smoke, ask for a room with a balcony. It made my life easier!
Green Features: From what I saw, this Holiday Inn was very environmentally friendly! Trash recepticles were available at all times. The venilation system was perfect in every sense and I know this because my son has severe allergies and we never had an issue. 5 stars from me.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Again Ms. Linda! We are so happy that your group had a great time. We truly enjoyed having everyone here. We are centrally located around Applebee’s, Cracker Barrel, and a 24 hour Starbucks for our guests convince and we are glad to know you used those locations. We hope your bowling team will stay with us the next time you have tournament. We hope to see you soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland North I-4? Share your experiences!