“Unexpectedly great!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Sioux fallsTraverse city
“Unexpectedly great!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was skeptic about staying here. Weekly hotels impressions you know. To my surprise, it was so clean, comfortable and the staff was great. They will really tell you in detail the rules and policy of the hotel. We just stayed for 4 nights but I understand its an extended stay so i did not expect a refund. $100 is too cheap for a security hold that I got back after inspection. They did inspected my room from the towels, linens and everything. That was funny. I think thats good though. Just interesting that there's the same people all the time from morning till dawn. Somebody was spraying the carpets and using a lint roller at 9pm - wow!!!. Same lady I saw at check in. Well taken cared of. I overheard some guests complaining about rules - sorry guys but I think its a necessity to have one. I am not use to a hotel closing at 6pm but i tried the 500 number and he was quick to respond. Its been a fun and interesting experience. I will no doubt stay at another value place property again. Special thanks to the General Manager, Joyce Ericson, this little girl definitely know what she's doing. I told her, I can't do her job. So kudos to her and her staff!!

Room Tip: They said they are in the process of updating TV's and mattresses.. maybe you can request for on...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at Value Place in Lakeland, Florida for an entire month to finish up some career training. Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience. When I arrived, I made my way to the front desk, which had already closed upon check-in. This proved not to be a problem though, as there was an in house site administrator who was cordial and able to take care of all my needs. When I entered the room, it was extraordinarily clean. In fact, of my many years of traveling, I do not believe I have ever stayed at a place who paid such careful attention to detail. The room was pretty typical, and contained a full kitchen. The kitchen was tiny, but was an ample size if I needed to cook. The television was out of date and very difficult to watch, fortunately I was not there most of the time to dwell on it, as I had to fulfill my obligations elsewhere. My room came with two full-sized beds, with horrible springs. I attempted to beef them up by stacking the mattresses, which helped a tad, but not a lot. Finally, even though I was able to do laundry, the horrible stench of smoke that lingered in the hallways managed to follow me everywhere I went. Even though I am home now, I am still trying to remove the smokey odor from my clothes. Despite these complaints, I thought it should be noted that the service was remarkable and, if the situation arises again, I would stay at Value Place. The manager here was extremely nice, and was genuinely proud of me when I completed my course. All of the front desk personnel were cordial, even when I locked myself out twice. The service and cleanliness of the rooms made it worth while, and no one can beat their prices! Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LIPVP, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Lakeland, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.
Thank you again for your feedback.
Blue Earth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

DO NOT STAY on the FIRST floor. At night it seems like all the guests want to gather outside to all hours of the night. Management assured us that they had taken care of it but of course nothing was ever done about it. Also in the Lakeland location it is also very common to have guests work on their cars all day long.... Nice

Oh and about the internet. $20/month and it's slower that dial up... Never again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Lakeland, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Not sure what previous poster was talking about, however our 3 month stay at this location was wonderful. While no place is perfect if you are renting, this place is much betters than others I have stayed in as both a renter and hotel lodging. My husband and I were on furlough until January, so we decided to be snow birds for the winter.

Pros: Staff is OUTSTANDING, every question/concern was tended to quickly and in a friendly manner. Everyone genuinely enjoys working here and it shows. Rates are affordable and much lower than renting an apartment. Location is within an hours drive to Tampa or Orlando. Its in a great area close to everything. Amenities. Housekeeping. Everything included. STAFF. Cable.

Cons: Internet is slow, no WIFI. If you are a non smoker as we are, you will smell cigarette smoke everywhere, everyday. The smokers club as we nicknamed it during our stay gathers by the front door everyday, all day (job anyone?) and pretty much have you inhaling there second hand smoke whenever you go in or out. We used the side door more often than not to avoid this. When people burn their cooking (which seems to happen often) it takes a long time for the smoke/smell to leave building because there are only 2 windows in hallways.

The place itself, the value and location are all fabulous. What would make this place better is for smokers to have designated area AWAY from entrances and for this to be enforced. For people who stay here to be thrown out if they are slobs or their kids are too noisy (yes some trashy folks stay here) and To have better internet. I took my laptop to the local 24 hr starbucks and this helped most of the time.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Lakeland, responded to this review, June 6, 2012

Lakeland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012 via mobile

First of all, I check in at about 5, pay the extra for wired Internet. I get to my room and try to connect, but the log-in credentials they gave me didnt work. I went to the front desk, just to see they have closed for the day. I called the 500 number for after hours but only got a voicemail whose box was full. I called about an hour later and the maintenance man answered, but told me he knew nothing about the Internet, that I would have to wait until tomorrow. Well I went back to my room, laid down on their idea of a bed (a futon mattress on a piece of supported plywood) I was going to start looking for a new place the next day. Well the next night, I had laundry to do, I went to the laundry room where you have to purchase these cash cards from this machine but they were out of cards, and I'm at work when someone is actually at the desk so I'm screwed. Please stay somewhere else

• Stayed March 2012
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Lakeland, responded to this review, April 2, 2012

BUFFALO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this extended stay hotel. Staff was great and check in was easy. Centerally located in Lakeland and lots of places to shop and eat. Internet sometimes hard to connect so took laptop to Dennys on two occasions but work fine the rest of the time at the hotel. The room was very clean and the refrigerator was full size. We had brought a few plastic shelves and a conventional small oven with us and ate in the room most of the time. We had the room right by the door and it was very peaceful and easy access to the parking lot. We will be closing on a house in Florida in the near furture and will stay here again.

Don and Cindy C

Room Tip: Any room would be good as there is an elevator
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Lakeland, responded to this review, March 29, 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

I spent 28 days here as part of my relocation. I arrived late at night, after the office had closed, but a single phone call got me all checked in. I had initially booked a studio with with the sleeper sofa, but apparently those were all taken, so I was upgraded to a two twin studio. The room was very clean and spacious enough for one. A full size refrigerator, two burner stove and microwave made the room very functional for a long-term stay.

As has been stated, the internet service is very lacking,however, in speaking with the staff, they know the issues and they said that there were plans to upgrade the service in the near future. While the building was very full during the majority of my stay, it was quiet and there was very little wait for the elevator. There are only a couple of things stopping me from giving a 5 star: The aforementioned internet service is the primary reason. Also, while i had a credit card reservation for my entire 4 week stay, each week I had to have my card key recoded to work. Being that I would get back to from work after the desk had closed for the evening, this proved to be a bit of pain because I would have to call the night manager (who lives at the hotel) and he would have to come, open the office and re-code my key card. I reserved the dish pack as well, but it was not presented when I checked in. Being that I left for work before the office opened and arrived afterwards, I had to leave early from work on day to get to the desk before it closed to get my dish pack as well as my internet access codes. Another issue is they use a rechargeable smart card system for the laundry facilities. There was no notice that you had to get the actual smartcard from the desk. Again, my work hours meant I had to either wait until Saturday or leave early to get what I consider a basic requirement. The machine used to charge the smartcard only accepts denominations greater than $5. The machines charge $1.75 per load (or $3.50 for wash and dry). I ended up leaving money on the laundry card since I had to put $5 in when I only need to add $1 for my final dryer load.

The staff may want to consider having the additional items (internet access, dish packs, etc) that are reserved with a credit card ready to give to the guests when they check in or at least give a printed notice explaining these things.

Overall, my stay was excellent. The staff is great, the hotel is very clean and while nobody likes living in a hotel for a month, the Value Place of Lakeland proved to be an excellent value. A few changes to processes the value will be even better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Value Place Management

Been to Value Place Lakeland? Share your experiences!