“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Winter Haven, Florida
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

We've been here a few times and are glad we don't live too close...we'd be far too tempted to indulge! We do stop on our way home sometimes and get some delicious treat to go. The pizza, stromboli, garlic knots...my mouth waters just thinking about them!

• Visited April 2011

Salerno, Italy
“only one word WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

I was recently in St Petersberg on holidays and I was in desperate need of Italian food, real Italian food like mamma makes at home, so I had a look around on the internet and found "Il Forno" All I can say is the 1 hour drive is so worth it! The owner is Italian, from Campania region, like me, and the food makes it seem like we were back at home in mamma's kitchen! I had Antipasta to start, real italian cheeses and cold cuts, the other half had Bruschetta. We then had Pasta Frutti Di Mare and Lasagna . If we are ever back in Florida we will be going back to Michele at Il Forno! It is the first time I've have tasted REAL Italian food in the States (and we have tried so many "italian" restaurants!)

Il Forno is the KING of Italian restaurants this side of the Atlantic!

Lakeland, Florida
“I don't know what other people are...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I don't know what other people are talking about because the food here is really good!! Great pizza an pasta definetly check it out

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
lakeland, Fl
“I don't get the popularity”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Lots of people rave about this restaurant, but I just don't get it. We went there to see what all the hype was about and it was underwhelming. I ordered some kind of chicken dish with lemon sauce and capers. Two thin, limp breasts came unadorned on a plate in a watery sauce and wasn't very hot. It tasted plain. The decor wasn't anything to write home about. My son liked his cheese pizza, but it looked like something you could get from Wal-Mart's freezers. I guess that's why he liked it. I can't remember what my wife got, and neither can she. Enough said.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida
“Great Pizza and true Italian owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

this place is very authentic, the food is great and the staff very friendly.