“Nice Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Lakeland
Miami, Florida
“Nice Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you are traveling to Lakeland for business, this is where you want to stay. It is located inside the Lakeside Village which has multiple bars, restaurants, and even a movie theatre to keep you busy at night.

The hotel is your typical Hampton Inn. Clean, friendly staff, convenient, etc.

Definately visit Brass Tap across the street for a night cap

Room Tip: Gym is on first floor, so staying on the second allows you to walk down the stairs quickly to the gy...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for your kind words. It is a very nice compliment that we are the place stay in your opinion. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very knowledgeable and friendly staff and a delicious complimentary breakfast. We've stayed at tons of Hampton Inns, but we have never tasted waffles so good! This hotel is located near/next to a Town Center so there is plenty to do. After being in the car for hours, it was nice to walk around shops and have some delcious ice cream at the Cold Stone. The hotel is beautiful, clean, and quiet!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am glad to hear that the waffles were such a hit and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon. We'll have some waffles waiting!
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

thanks for everyting you guys are owesome ill do this my daughter love the place everyone was kind and friendly 10. 10. 10. 10.10 this is my satisfacion number we will come again in the future. price is resanable

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments about your stay. Rating us a 10 is fantastic and we appreciate it. We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I came to town for a funeral and requested to check in early. I was accommodated and the staff was professional. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good and made leaving for home stress free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. While we are sorry you were in town for a funeral, we are glad you did enjoy your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great location! It's nestled in a prime shopping center with plenty of dining choices. The staff was friendly. Parking was fine. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The bed was awesome...really, I want to purchase that exact mattress! Breakfast was standard for Hampton Inn. Late check out was allowed and certainly appreciated!
I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed July 2014
Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about your stay. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The fact that you would recommend us is the greatest compliment we can receive. We hope to see you again in the future.
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I live in Lakeland, so I've been to this hotel several times. I always choose them when I have family visit so that my family in in the middle of the action of Lakeside Village- food, movies, shopping, etc-- once they come downstairs at the hotel. There are other hotels closer to my house, but I always take my family and friends to the Hampton Inn Lakeside Village. It's also a newer hotel when compared with the others in the area, so you get the newer feel as well.

Aside from the location, the service is excellent. On this particual occasion, my family didn't arrive in Lakeland until after 2 a.m. I called earlier in the day...around 5pm...and had the pleasure of speaking with Hanna. I wasn't sure if my family would drive all the way through and was about to cancel the reservation as I couldn't reach them, but she offered to hold it until 7 p.m. at no charge so that I had time to continue trying to reach them and didn't lose the discounted price I got online. NICE!

I also met Heather during the after 2 a.m. checkin. The two rooms weren't adjoining and the computer wouldn't let her change our rooms (probably since we were so late/arrived after 2 in the morning!) but she did all she could-- even called out to her management at the wee hours of the morning to try to make it happen for us. I even spoke with the GM Steve in the morning. He was already aware that we couldn't get the adjoining rooms and apologized profusely and offered me a credit off the room price due to the issues at checkin-- which was more than I expected as I figured we were mostly to blame for coming in so late...I told him I would have been fine with just a later checkout since my family was tired. Well, he authorized that as well. Steve-- my MAN!

I called later from work to make sure my family had checked out and spoke with Shauna. Another pleasure to deal with. Look, I work in the service industry myself. I'm a Hilton Honors member and have been to MANY hotels. Many Hamptons even. I love it that we have the best one right here in Lakeland. Kind of how I love that Tampa International is one of the quickest/simplest airports to get through when I'm heading out on my travels.....

Thanks guys. And thanks to all of those other folks behind the scenes that I didn't interact with directly but who also help in making this hotel so great. And sorry to whoever the person/manager is that Heather called at 2:45 a.m!

STAY HERE, FOLKS!

Room Tip: The 2 queen suite is spacious/has a mini fridge and a sofa bed. Best option for families in my opini...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as we use it to improve our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues at check in but am glad to hear that my staff treated you well throughout your stay. We appreciate that we are your hotel of choice in Lakeland and that you go out of your way to put your family up with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

The Hampton Inn in Lakeland, Florida was a very nice stay. The rooms were very clean, they have a great complimentary breakfast every morning and it was located near a movie theater, shopping and many places to eat. Great place to stay

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Steve C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Thank you for telling us about your stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lakeland-South Polk Parkway? Share your experiences!