“Great Place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stumbled upon this place as we were driving along the A1A. We found nothing on the coast road in West Palm Beach and them found ourselves in Lake Worth and passed this Tavern so we parked up and went in. I think they are doing some renovations in the bar itself but were directed out back where there is a patio area near the bar. The lady that served us was very friendly and welcoming. We thought the food was very good and would recommend the duck tacos and chicken wrap. We were served very quickly and checked upon even though there was a big party in of about 20 at another table. We were very pleased we found this place - thank you for a really nice meal :)

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lake Worth, Florida
“There's more to a Fish Taco than a Piece of Fish and a Tortilla”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've frequented for adult beverages for years, however, it wasn't a place where we'd order food. But, there've been all sorts of comments and kudo's regarding the food lately, so a friend and I decided to give it a try. We didn't want a full meal, and decided to order some appetizers with our beverages.

My friend ordered the wings, crispy and they were very tasty.

I ordered the Mahi Tacos, they were another story. Tthere is more to a taco than just a piece of fish on a corn tortilla with a spot of sour cream. The Mahi was very well cooked meaning it wasn't overcooked or over seasoned, but that's all that was on the taco. No lettuce, tomato, cheese, salsa nothing. Just fish, a spot of sour cream and a small corn tortilla. The plate was garnished with pickled jicama which made the corn tortilla quite soggy and hard to wrap around the fish.....and there was some sort of fruit salsa served in a 1 ounce plastic soufflé cup but neither was anything to rave about.

The service was kind of a miss too.....we had to ask for napkins and utensils and the server never checked on us until we were done with our food (when she asked if she could clear the plates) -- something I consider bad service since, if you discover there is something you need a moment after you get your food and the server never comes back to the table you generally go without.....

While I know I'll be back for beverages, the jury is still out as to whether I'll order food from here again....

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Eclectic menu, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away in the back is an amazing tropical paradise where you can relax with a cocktail and enjoy some local music. Truly a hidden treasure!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ft Lauderdale
“Great place, loved the patio bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I don't get up to Lake Worth much but I will be sure to visit South Shores Tavern and Patio Bar again when I do!

Had a really great time here on a Sunday afternoon....prices are reasonable and drinks and food are great. Service -something that is important to me - was outstanding

I enjoyed a Prickly Pear Margarita - yum - plus some appetizers. The shrimp was a real winner. In addition to great food and service the atmosphere is wonderful...the patio is so relaxing and charming! This has a real Florida feel that both long time residents like myself and tourists are sure to enjoy! Loved it! Oh and they had a live guitar player who played nice music NOT too loud, just enjoyable...thanks for a perfect afternoon!

• Visited May 2013
Mid-Atlantic
“Perfect end to the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had planned on getting food and eating back at our lodge that evening. It had been a nice day, but chilly and windy on the beach.

We drove a short distance to South Shores and went inside to place a to-go order. They had a small covered outdoor eating area at the entrance. This was around 5 or 6 o'clock on a weeknight. The staff was preparing for the evening; lighting candles, making sure everything was in order.

The front bar is decorated with lots of memorabilia, low lighting, and comfy chairs. Placed our order and told it would be 15 minutes. Walked through and found another bar, covered in the back of the establishment with more seating. Lots of woodwork and richness in its atmosphere.

Beyond that is an outdoor open area of tables with umbrellas, stand-up propane heaters and a small stage for musicians. All surrounded by tall trees and shrubs. We felt like we were enclosed into a small oasis in the middle of a city.

Light music played. Everything was clean. The waiters were friendly, courteous and prompt. Prices reasonable.

Once our food was ready, we decided to stay and eat our to-go food there! The surroundings kept the wind away so it was a bit warmer and comfortable. The meals were delicious!

I recommend the "My Kick-A$# Cupcake" for dessert! Very different, but when in Rome...right?

A definite must visit. This restaurant is tops in my book!

• Visited March 2013