“lovely atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Lantana, Florida
“lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

it is nice to be transformed from Lake Worth to a neighborhood bistro in France. The owners are always gracious and hospitable. It makes a difference when they are on the premises. I have eaten here twice for lunch/brunch. It' a tad pricey but they do maintain a level of quality without an attitude.. I am much more willing to pay a bit more when you are appreciated as a customer. Something a lot of restaurants in south Florida haven't figured out.

Visited January 2014

61% Recommend
jacksonville, florida
“Oh my goodness, this is the worst food I've eaten in a very long time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

My dining companion and I should have politely taken our leave when we saw that their "wines by the glass list" included two white wines -- a California chardonnay and a bottled mimosa beverage. I thought perhaps a nice french rose might be a fine substitute, but they offered only one -- the La Vielle Fielle (spelling?); you know, the stuff that you can buy at Sam's for about $6.00 a gallon. It went downhill from there. The only saving grace was the charming waiter, but even he couldn't save the food......

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“While not for everyone it's an unpolished jewel I hope will thrive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A lot of effort seems to go into this new cafe serving many products made by the owners from high quality and often organic ingredients. Those ingredients cost more making their prices higher than mass market places serving dishes made from frozen or lower quality ingredients. With experience and time I trust the owners will adapt to the market and customer tastes.

The pain perdue with home made whipped cream and bananas was stellar and worth a special trip. We liked the breakfast and lunch platters with cold cuts and cheese. The butter is worth a mention, delicious. The French teas were a special treat.

The other items we sampled varied. Some were tasty and others bland. The cake slices were a stand out, buttery and flavorful, the first time we bought them. After that at times they've been less flavorful and at least once less moist.

The service has been warm and efficient. The pace was relaxed and leisurely, not a place to hurry through a meal. The setting was clean and welcoming with thoughtful touches here and there. The ladies bathroom was spotless.

Well done ladies!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Worth, Florida
“Great new menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Ok so they have this new menu since September 17th. Oh my God, or should I say "Oh mon Dieu" it was so good. I had a bagel with mozzarella di buffala, eggplant, tomatoes and pesto. This came with a little side salad with a perfect vinaigrette on the side.
This is a very good little cafe, and the girls are super nice. I eat there pretty often and never were disappointed. I know for a fact that some other establishments do not like this new competition and they are trying whatever it takes to post fake reviews. So if you really want to be wise, go there yourself and take a piece of France in your plate.
Thank you girls for this great little cafe.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Worth, Florida
“most expensive breakfast ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

we went for breakfast and two of us each wanted eggs. in order to get eggs as min course we had to order everything ala carte. 2 orders of eggs, one order of potatoes (delicious), one order of bread with side of butter and strawberry jam and two coffees totaled $41.67.
good but certainly not worth that price!

Visited September 2013