“BEYOND RUDE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Lake Worth B&B and Inns
West Palm Beach, Florida
“BEYOND RUDE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

To start this hotel does not even deserve a 1 in its rating, its that bad. My father in law had come down for a long overdue visit and taken a room there for 2 weeks. He had mentioned a few issues with manager ( the woman with the raging red hair and nasty personality ) during his stay. He was due to check out on Saturday March 8th, 2014 at 10 a.m. My husband, our daughter and myself went to his hotel to see him off that morning. At 8 a.m. the door to room flew open, no knock, no announcement want so ever and standing there glaring at us was this woman. My father in law had stepped out to run to the store for a last minute stop beforeheading back to Chicago so he was not actually in the room when this happened. I said " Hello, can I help you?" And she responded in barely understandable English that we needed to leave, that this room was rented for 1 person occupancy. I tried to explain to her that we were there to say say goodbye to the person renting the room and that he would be back momentarily to which she responded she was calling the police and that she would be charging my father in law extra on his credit card. Wow! It was the most insane situation, sheis crazy. Now to describe the room itself. It was clean, however; the furnishing were a hodge podge of thrift store finds. I mean not cute stuff, literally mismatched and chipped plates and cookware and the couches were pieced together with cushions and pillows from a few different sets of furniture. I probably could of gotten past the overall presentation but that woman was beyond rude. Her hotel is a refection of herself, just nasty.

Stayed March 2014

Couples
Solo
boynton beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

checked out several times the hotel before i decided to to stay due to the fact i have a german shepard and a staffordshire bull terrier checked in with my boyfriend and i told them i'll be there by my self previously told them i have 2 dogs the Polish elderly lady doesn't speak english she have very short red hair and makeup with a lot of blush in the 2 previous cases there was no security deposit required the next time around $ 100.00 cash deposit at the actual time of check in she charged me $ 60.00 2 days later the problem was the room i was in normally not rented out to people with pets,and i am the one who is lieing i never told them i'm going to have a pet so up on moving in i payed $ 400.00 cash she sad right away i just keep the $ 10.00 toward the additional security deposit and give me the rest later no date was specified after all i prepayed 1 week up front so when her son took over being charged of running the business suddenly i have to pay $ 100.00/day because my pets considered to be extra person plus the security deposit i refused when we had the argument he asked me shoul i call 911? then we continued to argue when i got up picked up the phone on he's desk in the office and tried to dial 911 he reached for my hand but then he just hanged the phone up preventing me dial 911 for extortion,long story short as of today my boyfriend is coming to pick me up and next week i'm going to file a suit against them,the Polish lady was complaining about the light being turned on front of the door i did not know,but then it's clicked every room have a window unit for AC the utility bills got to be so high these people hardly can pay there bills the water in the bathroom gets very hot fast but only for 5 minutes i don't belive this motel meets the federal requirements for higene pest control..etc if they can't pay there bills for utilities they cutting back on other things to the motel have 16 rooms/apartments i saw only one person cleaning them poor girl was carrying a bucket of water on the stairs when the water spilled and she slipped on the stairs,told her if the people she's working for pays her cash they breaking the law probably she would not have a claim if she ever get injured on the job state of florida is trully for criminals like the owners of this facility,please look for the legal documentation over google few weeks from now because this business shoul not be in business at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Boynton Beach, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is by far the WORST hotel I have stayed in. On Memorial Day Weekend of this year 2013, I stayed at this hotel for one night. I was driving in from Orlando with my little brother for my step dads funeral. When I went to check in, the Lady in charge was an older Lady that did not speak any English. Not a big deal; since this is common in So Fl.
The only problem was she did not know how to use her Credit Card Machine, and asked if I could get cash from a nearby corner store ATM. I said no, and she went ahead and charged my card, but she charged it twice. After checking in and getting some rest we decided to go out to eat for a late night snack. Our key for the room did not lock the door, and ended up getting jammed in the door-knob. We did not know who to call because the front office was locked and closed with no sign to say what to do in case of emergency. In return it forced one of us to stay behind with our belongings.
Even though all this happened, due to family arrangements I needed one more night of stay for the funeral arrangements. I politely told the lady she charged my room twice, the mishap with the key, told her I am an Iraqi Veteran and since it was Memorial Day, is there anyway she could comp one extra day due to all the mishaps? She said she does not know what a Veteran is, nor does she know what Memorial Day weekend meant. I left the extra night idea alone and just wanted my $ credited back- I asked her if I could speak to someone else who will better understand my bank statement that I am showing and how to resolve this double charge, and I ended up speaking to her daughter, who was the rudest person I ever met with absolutely no customer service skills what so ever. She actually thought this was all humorous and told me to just write me CC # and signature on a sticky note and she will get it done tomorrow. Long story short, DO NOT STAY HERE. I still have not gotten a return, and I am now dealing with Chase bank. Thank you Lago Mar for making an already bad trip- WORST. My tip to them is to know our National Holidays and What Veterans have done for this Country to make it so freely for Immigrants to work.
I am a Wedding and Event Planner now, and I highly suggest you never recommend this place to clients or for visiting family members.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Lago Mar Motel and Apartments? Share your experiences!