“Worst customer service ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of John Prince Park Campground

John Prince Park Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Worth
John Prince Park Campground
You added John Prince Park Campground to your Saves list
Congress Ave., Lake Worth, FL   |
Boca Raton
“Worst customer service ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Never mind the loud trains or overhead helicopters practicing auto-rotation or even the constant take-off and landings. Or even the fact no swimming is allowed in a lake where admittedly alligators roam the waters, yet they allow jet-skis and/ or water skiing -- down out right crazy!

But all this pales in comparison to the rude and obnoxious park personel. With one exception, a young lady, these folks have no idea what it's like to be kind. They are the worst I've ever seen. My recommendation is to stay away from John Prince park. Find other alternatives as there are plenty of RV camp grounds just south of this park. If you read below you will find numerous posts describing the rudeness I am referring to. It's not an isolated incident, but rather a routine. Par-for the-course for these folks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Elyria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We made reservations without reading any reviews - and not having heard anything about this park, however I was looking forward since we did hear from a camper we met that this was one of his wife's favorite parks. I can't image why! The restrooms are clean - and we've had no problem with hot water -- but the stalls are MICRO-stalls! The restrooms have the smallest stalls I've ever seen! The real deal-breaker is the noise! There is a small airstrip adjacent to the park, and I can't image why, but there are helicopters circling almost all the time! I prefer campsites with less conjestion! I can say that we will probably NOT return to this park in the future. Too bad, it has possibilities!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Muncie, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

I loved the view of Osmond, there was always hot water, the wild life was wonderful! We spent about two months camping here! Awesome! The best place I have ever camped! Some of the staff were rude but for the most part they were very nice, there was lots of air traffic but being in the middle of a city it is understandable! We enjoyed it very much and made many great acquaintances there are many dog lovers here so we fit in well lol, I recommend this place to anyone looking for a fun summer or winter adventure!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I am so surprised by the bad reviews ... I come on a regular basis and I love this place.
It is a fabulous campground ... on a big lake so there are always lots of water birds and great sunsets.
I cannot confirm the complaints: it's always clean, the showers are always hot, I have only ever experienced friendly, helpful staff.
Yes there's a small airport so there's some small airplane noise but it never has bothered me. Maybe if I was in a tent.
I love that it's such a big site ... when it's busy there's every kind of motor home and during the holidays people dress them up all festive with lights.
I back up to the lake and enjoy my morning coffee while the pelicans and ospreys fish and the egrets wade and the ducks waddle.
I tried half a dozen other campsites in this area and this is the best. For me!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

This is our fourth year staying here and once again it was a great experience ! The addition of laundry facilities since our last stay made it so much nicer ! We actually backed up to the airport this year and the planes really werent a bother at all....our only issue was being under a tree that really did a number on our roof and slide with all the pollen but nothing a little roof cleaner wont take care of ! Once again will be back next year as long as there is availability as its so close to our daughter and granddaughter and just an all around nice place to stay !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is our 3rd year staying here when we visit our daughter, son in law and granddaughter for about a month. We have yet to have anything but a great experience here and will continue to return as long as there is availability. Yes I will agree next to the airport but its never been an issue for us and we do have a travel trailer but my husband has used their showers on occasion and has never had any issues. Overall we are very pleased staying here !!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Laurentiens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Terrible Staff... this place is very expensive for what you have... Planes, helicopter all the time over your head, its terrible!!! NO PEACE AND QUIET, NEVER!!!
We've been there for one month and I didnt take NOT one hot shower... so frustrating!
ZERO + ZERO = ZERO

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to John Prince Park Campground? Share your experiences!