“I love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of John Prince Park Campground

John Prince Park Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Worth
John Prince Park Campground
You added John Prince Park Campground to your Saves list
Congress Ave., Lake Worth, FL   |
Florida
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

I am so surprised by the bad reviews ... I come on a regular basis and I love this place.
It is a fabulous campground ... on a big lake so there are always lots of water birds and great sunsets.
I cannot confirm the complaints: it's always clean, the showers are always hot, I have only ever experienced friendly, helpful staff.
Yes there's a small airport so there's some small airplane noise but it never has bothered me. Maybe if I was in a tent.
I love that it's such a big site ... when it's busy there's every kind of motor home and during the holidays people dress them up all festive with lights.
I back up to the lake and enjoy my morning coffee while the pelicans and ospreys fish and the egrets wade and the ducks waddle.
I tried half a dozen other campsites in this area and this is the best. For me!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

This is our fourth year staying here and once again it was a great experience ! The addition of laundry facilities since our last stay made it so much nicer ! We actually backed up to the airport this year and the planes really werent a bother at all....our only issue was being under a tree that really did a number on our roof and slide with all the pollen but nothing a little roof cleaner wont take care of ! Once again will be back next year as long as there is availability as its so close to our daughter and granddaughter and just an all around nice place to stay !

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

This is our 3rd year staying here when we visit our daughter, son in law and granddaughter for about a month. We have yet to have anything but a great experience here and will continue to return as long as there is availability. Yes I will agree next to the airport but its never been an issue for us and we do have a travel trailer but my husband has used their showers on occasion and has never had any issues. Overall we are very pleased staying here !!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Laurentiens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

Terrible Staff... this place is very expensive for what you have... Planes, helicopter all the time over your head, its terrible!!! NO PEACE AND QUIET, NEVER!!!
We've been there for one month and I didnt take NOT one hot shower... so frustrating!
ZERO + ZERO = ZERO

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

The staff is down right RUDE. Not friendly at all. The grounds are not maintained. The grass is dead, broken glass everywhere, frequent power outages, The kids playground area is FILTHY. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do yourself a BIG favor, stay elsewhere! I would never return to this site.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2009

Whenever I can, I camp by tent but finding a "campground" verse an RV park in southern Florida is a nightmare in itself. How can a state with so much land at it's southern end not have campgrounds for tent camping? Anyway, it is what it is, right?

My purpose was for a competition in Ft. Lauderdale. John Prince Park Campground was the only place that had availability so I grabbed it not being concerned with the one hour drive south the next day. I stayed from Friday to Sunday.

I called ahead by phone to a website specific for Florida camping and luckily I did as I had two options: a tent site by the lake or within the park. I chose the lake of course.

If you are a tent camper, be surprised, VERY surprised at the amount of RV's in the place. I almost thought I was turned into a trailer park by mistake. The sites are small but fine for a tent and a screen shelter over the picnic table. My location was on the shore of the lake at site 13. Nice location. I thought, "How lucky!" Wrong!
It doesn't matter where you are in the park if you are in a tent because you will be bombarded by planes, trains, automobiles and boats. The "campground" is really a park and surrounded by traffic of every sort. To the back of the park is a small airport which is very busy. To the east of the park is a railroad track in which the train engines alert you to with their horns morning, noon and night...ALL NIGHT! The highway, I-95, is also parallel to the tracks and seems to never quiet down. Can you say, "Jake brake"?
The lakes in the park are nice with the exception of the boats ripping up and down. I never saw such disregard for safety in such a small lake of some individuals with their small racing type boats. If peace along a lake shore sounds pleasant, you won't find it here.

Advice for tent campers (NOT RV campers):
1. Bring air plugs, buds or a loud fan (if it's warm enough) to cancel out all the noise at night. Some other tent campers were loud as well but thankfully someone yelled at them to quiet down.
2. Expect RV's everywhere but the owners are all very nice and there are some VERY nice RV's.
3. Showers and bathrooms were small, very small to move around in. Expect one sink to share with everyone. Privacy is nill.
4. The raccoons are plentiful and also very nice. Don't be afraid of them as they are probably begging you to take them home or drop them off somewhere quieter. P.S. They don't like apples.
5. If you like to boat, fly airplanes or pull the horns of a train or enjoy as much noise as one could possibly get at a "campground" as this, then you found your place, otherwise, seriously try another campground. I know I will!

• Liked — It painted a picture perfect scene
  • Disliked — The noise from planes, boats, trains, and cars from the highway and area streets
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

The park was beautiful and we were excited when we first saw the campground. However, we were cramped into a tiny area that made us feel like we were sharing our campsite with another camper. The bathroom and shower areas were very nice although there were no laundry facilities. When we inquired where there was a laundromat, the lady at the front desk responded shortly with the comment "If you would read the leaflet that we gave you, you would see where there is a laundromat!!" This was said in a very unpleasant manner!!
We had different encounters with this woman and none of them were pleasant. I have worked with the public for 40 plus years and never in all of that time have I treated anyone the way she treated us. When we returned home, we wrote a letter of complaint to John telling him about our experiences with this woman. We never did get a response from him. Luckily our family that lived in the area, moved to Houston, Tx. We camped near them last winter and our stay in that campground was blissful compared to John Prince Park. As I said, the campground was beautiful but the experience with this rude woman was terrible!! Hopefully she is no longer there!
As a previous writer stated "This is a campground, not a five star hotel."

• Liked — The location, the lake, the view and the sun
  • Disliked — Office staff--in particular one of the woman at the front desk who seemed to be in authority.
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to John Prince Park Campground? Share your experiences!