“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 233 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Welcome to Callaro's Steakhouse in the heart of Downtown Lake Worth! Located at 717 Lake Avenue, Callaro's is right next door to the Lake Worth Playhouse and is just blocks from the new home of the Palm Beach County Cultural Council. We serve only the very best USDA Prime and Choice cuts of meat, hand selected from the finest corn fed Midwestern beef and the freshest seafood available. Our meats are aged 4 to 5 weeks to ensure tenderness and flavor and filets are center or barrel cut. Callaro's is the brainchild of two great restaurant families- Danny Callaro, longtime owner of the award winning Riggins Crabhouse, and Keith and Beth Scragg. We first opened our doors in Manalapan and enjoyed a 10 year run before deciding to relocate downtown. Since both families live in Lake Worth, the move was a true homecoming. We invested in our future by completely restoring and renovating the former L'Anjou building to reflect its historic roots while updating the decor. The ambience is elegant and hip, but never pretentious. It's a detail that's also reflected in the menu. Dinner entrees range from $10.99 To $46.99. Whether it's just a night on the town or a special occasion, you're sure to find something delectable to suit your palate and your pocketbook.
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Went here with 7 friends to celebrate a birthday. Upon arriving we were seated in a cozy separate area and the waiter wrote Happy Birthday Sue on the mirror.
The service was great and the food was fantastic!! Will definately return.

• Visited January 2014

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Food good but overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went here with my wife, I had a 6oz fillet, which only came with fries/potatoes, at $29 I believe it was way overpriced, although cooked well and the young lad that served us was attentive and friendly, I think in today's economy $29 was steepmas a week later we were at Longhorns, a 10min drive away and the same steak, with free salad to start, was $9 dollars cheaper, yet just ad well coored and just as tasty.
So to sum up, good service, nice steak, but simply overpriced.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palm Beach, Florida
“CHEF KEITH AT CALLARO'S IS THE BEST ANYWHERE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have been going to CALLARO'S for years, when they were located in MANALAPAN, FLORIDA and then to LAKE WORTH FLORIDA!! I have always stated that your "BEST FRIENDS SHOULD BE YOUR BANKER AND YOUR CHEF"!! As one who has eaten out for over 27 years, I have met many Managers, Owners, Chefs, waiters and waitresses in those years. Callaro's $10 LUNCH deal is the BEST IN TOWN and TODAY WOULD PROVE TO BE OVER THE TOP!!! After having EVERYTHING ON CHEF KEITHS menu over last several weeks, i asked to see him befor my dining experience! He graciously came to the dining room and i explained as to what i would like for lunch, and told him i haven't had breakfast as well, i needed something unusual, something unlike anything he has ever done!! He said he will create something that he hoped would fulfill my desires.. WELL, AFTER ABOUT 10 MINUTES, THE WAITRESS CAME OUT WITH WHAT I SAW WAS UNBELIEVABLE TO SAY THE VERY LEAST!! CHEF KEITH'S CREATION WAS A MASTERPIECE!!! This SANDWICH? was perhaps one of the GREATEST CREATIONS I HAD EVER SEEN!! Thick toasted rye bread, with HANDMADE OIL BASED SEASONED COLE SLAW, GRILLED TURKEY WITH MELTED CHEESE, WITH FRENCH FRIES, TOMATOES, ONIONS, AND A FRIED EGG!!!! I asked the waitress to take a few pictures of this FANTASTIC FEAST and she gladly did!! After my dining experience, I ASKED TO SEE CHEF KEITH and again he took the time to come out to greet me.. I told him that was an absolutely FANTASTIC SANDWICH and looking with a straight face said he AGREED!! WHAT A GUY!!! I told him that this SANDWICH NEEDS A NAME, something WORTH OF THIS PIECE OF WORK! I called it "CALLARO'S COLOSSAL" and CHEF KEITH SMILED AND SAID "CALLARO'S COLOSSAL BIG EDDY", and it will be featured ON TOMORROWS MENU!!! i RECOMMEND TO EVERYONE, to stop in and try CHEF KEITH LATEST CREATION, THE KING OF ALL SANDWICH'S FOUND ONLY AT CALLARO'S LAKE WORTH FLORIDA!!!

• Visited December 2013
Lake Worth, Florida
“Calleros Steakhouse - great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great steaks, seafood and atmosphere-
piano bar on weekends
Pricey but worth it- old pub style atmosphere- hardwood floors booths and tables w linens--- a nice treat

Visited November 2013
PALM BEACH FL
“CHEF KEITH AT CALLARO'S IS THE BEST ANYWHERE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have been going to CALLARO'S for years when they were located in Manalapan Florida!! The First time I had dined there was such an AMAZING EXPERIENCE, I knew right then and there This will be on of my MAIN DINING RESTAURANTS! When they had moved to LAKE WORTH Florida, it was STILL the best deal in town! Their "10 FOR $10" LUNCH is Fantastic and CHEF KEITH, owner and operator of this WONDERFUL RESTAURANT is the Master Creator, and will prepare you a breakfast, lunch and dinner like no other!!! I had the lunch special buffalo chicken and cheese steak and was delicious!!! I will be bringing all my friends and family to FEAST ON THE BEST STEAK IN TOWN AND ORDER THE LARGEST PRIME RIB DINNER AROUND!!! I recommend GOING TO CALLARO'S and let "CHEF KEITH" DAZZLE YOUR TASTE BUDS like they have never been DAZZLED BEFORE!!!

• Visited November 2013