“Average soup, nothing a crock pot can't handle.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 226 restaurants in Lake Worth
Boynton Beach Florida
“Average soup, nothing a crock pot can't handle.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Not sure why so many adore this run down place. I was there last Saturday, after my hair cut. The door is falling apart. As mentioned by another review , young children are in the back, a soda and some food was left on a table, and no gloves were used. The bread is not baked there, as some patrons believe. You must order ahead for loaf. I specifically asked, so that clears up that question. I ordered loaded potatoes, and sweet potato. Both good, but not extraordinary. The bread I picked was with olives. It was great, but I have had better quality. The prices were ok, but I think more specials would stimulate more customers to return. I won't be back. I can make these on my crock pot.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
boynton beach, florida
“A diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found this place because the restaurant a few doors down was extremely busy and we didn't want to wait.
Boy are we glad we did! The soup is so good! The people are super friendly. The desserts are homemade.
You can sample any soup you like. There's always a variety....at least 15. Bread and butter will accommodate the meal. There's also dinner specials like roasted chicken/mashed potatoes, pork chops, etc... Sandwiches too.
It's located in a shopping center that's very convienent. The place is very small and only has 4 tables if your dining in. They are closed on Sundays.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
USA
“Good soups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

All the soups I've tried here have been very good. This is best for takeout. Expensive for just soup but so good I come here anyway.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boynton Beach, Florida
“Support local business. Everything here is homemade.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hidden gem, tucked in a corner of the shopping center on the S.E. quadrant of Lantana and Jog Roads, is South Florida's version of Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi." There were at least a dozen soups (with free taste samplings available) to choose from.

I chose the She-Crab soup and my friend chose the Tomato. To accompany the soup (they provide a generous portion), I decided on the 1/2 sandwich Veggie Melt, with avocado spread on handcrafted bread. Included on the side were slightly overcooked veggie chips. My friend enjoyed the crunchy, fresh salad, topped with a delicious homemade vinagrette that she had ordered.

The proof, to me, that this restaurant really makes an effort to ensure that it's food pleases, were the salt and pepper mills on each table; rather than the usual shakers.

Unfortunately, the decor did not support the extraordinary food but, since they also cater, this might not be a priority. For this reason, although the food was really great, I would probably stop by for take-out, right now, since ambience is important to me. Maybe, even, a plastic carnation in a dollar store vase would help??

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lake Worth, Florida
“If you like soups, this is your place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is more of a take out than dine in place. The soup selection is terrific. The fresh bread and side selections make it a full meal.

Visited December 2012