“Great pre-Legoland stay” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mount Sinai, New York
“Great pre-Legoland stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently spent one night (3/24/2013) at this hotel with my wife and two kids before going to Legoland the following morning. This hotel was perfect for that purpose. It was very clean and our room with two double beds was very spacious. The hotel staff were extremely courteous and friendly. The checkin process was quick and the room was even ready two hours before usual check in time. The fresh-baked cookies at 4:30 were a nice treat. Coffee and tea are available all day in the lobby. The breakfast buffet had everything you'd need for an adult or kids breakfast, although there wasn't a ton of seating area. There are plenty of restaurants and a mall close by. It took only about 10 minutes to get to Legoland the following morning. I highly recommend this hotel if staying in the area or going to Legoland.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Hands down, one of the best places you can stay in the area if you're visiting Legoland. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a very nice woman at the front desk...wish I could remember her name. She made us feel welcome from the start. The room was clean and smelled great! They offer fresh baked cookies at 4:30. This was a huge deal to my 8 year old son! Breakfast was your typical hotel spread of waffles, pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc. they offer a shuttle to legoland, which was the selling point for me though we ended up not using it because the weather was bad. It's $12 to park at the park. I'd recommend Hampton Inn Lake Wales to anyone. It's affordable and safe. I was traveling alone with my son. Thanks for a memorable visit to Legoland Hampton Inn!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Wooster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband was unexpectedly hospitalized at Lake Wales Medical Center. The rental we were in ran out during his stay, which left me to pack up everything and vacate. We are from Ohio.The trama of my husband's hospitalization, along with not knowing where to stay or for how long left me in a state of panic.
I went to this Hampton Inn because it was close to the hospital and we usually stay in Hampton's when traveling as we know what to expect there. The afternoon that I went in to inquire about a reservation, the hotel was sold out. In my state of mind, I was beside myself on what to do. The manager was out, but the lady behind the desk calmed me and they were eventually able to make it work that I would have a room to stay in.
The room was perfect. Very clean, restful, and quiet. The breakfast area was beautiful and fully stocked. They always serve a hot egg and meat of some kind, along with waffles and all the other items you expect for breakfast. Which is why we choose Hampton Inns. The same lady checked on me each day I came to breakfast. She went way beyond what she is required to do. I will never forget her kindness.
I highly recommend this particular Hampton Inn & Suites in Lake Wales. You will not go wrong staying there. \ I plan to return there the next time we are in the area!

Room Tip: I enjoyed a front facing room as it had a view of Bok Tower.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
New Brunswick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We chose the Hampton inn Suites Lake Wales for one night stay before visiting Lego land. At early check in we were greeted by an amazingly polite and friendly lady who confirmed our requests would be fulfilled. Top floor , back of hotel. The room although rather small was spotless. A special treat for us was that we had a view of a pond and we were able to watch the alligators swimming, which was quite a thrill for someone not from the area. Leaving and returning to the hotel several times, we were always welcomed by polite, friendly and courteous staff members. My only complaint was that the shower head was broke and a piece flew off and hit me in the face during my morning shower. We were welcomed to morning breakfast by a very polite lady and during breakfast we all enjoyed some friendly conversation,no one behaving like it was their last meal. The Hampton itself is within 10-12 minutes to Lego land, minutes to shopping food & fuel. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one visiting this area.

Room Tip: Perhaps pay the extra and get the larger suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

ABSOLUTELY!

From the moment we walked into this hotel to check in, the front-desk staff was extremely friendly and checked me in rather quickly. She also pointed out amenities, breakfast times, hotel pantry, and pointed me towards the elevators.

Upon walking into the room, it appeared to be extremely tidy, a bit small, but perfect for a family of 4 for a one-night stay. I must add that the beds were extremely comfortable and noise level was low. The bathroom is a bit cramped, but I do like all the space to put your toiletries and they offer a nice selection of complimentary toiletries as well.

The breakfast was good enough to start your day, but the breakfast room does not have enough tables to seat a lot of people. On this particular visit, there were no seats to be found and you had to go elsewhere. Also, the hotel really needs to put trash cans in the breakfast area, as most people didn't know where to put their plates when they were finished.

Overall, it was a good-night stay and I would definitely recommend it and come back as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Peru, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed having breakfast here..especially the hot oatmeal and condiments for it. If we visit Lake Wales again we'd probably stay here! The staff was very cordial upon check-in though very busy as they were booked for the one night of our stay. Thank goodness we had advance reservations!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had only planned a three day stop at the hotel but it was so comfortable that we stayed an extra night. I took the recommendation of another reviewer and took a suite on the fourth floor. It was very roomy and clean with two large windows that looked out on a pastoral scene, pond, fields and cattle. There was comfortable seating for watching TV and reading.
We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the hotel and the congenial staff. The breakfast was good with pleasant staff overseeing the buffet. A newspaper was available for reading. Coffee and tea were available throughout the day and around 5 p.m. freshly baked chocolate cookies appeared in the lobby. Facilities for coffee making were also in the suite and there was a microwave.
A Walmart was nearby. As we were staying for a few days, we decided to buy a couple of mugs and some glasses for enjoying our drinks. For hygiene purposes, hotels seem to be using paper disposables now.
We liked their restaurant recommendations that included Sizzling Grill where we enjoyed excellent fish. Mannys was good for ribs.
We also appreciated having a computer available in their business facility. Yes, we would return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Take a fourth floor suite at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Wales? Share your experiences!