“Great 2-night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Wales
South Orange, New Jersey
“Great 2-night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed with our two sons, ages 9 and 11 and a second room for our in-laws. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room and property was very clean and met our needs. Convenient access to Hwy 27 which takes you to I-4 (Tampa or Orlando) and close to Legoland. Breakfast had a nice variety of hot and cold. Rooms were nice and updated. We would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: All rooms were similar - we were at the end of the hall away from the elevator. There are a lot of k...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for your time in writing this review. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

The house keeping staff did the bare minimum cleaning and by that I mean made the bed. Our refrigerator didn't really get cold and the racks were broken in it. The elevator sometimes came down when you pushed the button and made crazy noises and shakes. The breakfast was small with not many options. My kids were not pleased with it. I am an IHG rewards member and this is the first stay at one of their hotels where nothing was said about it and it seemed to not matter. I will not be back and next time will stay at the one in Winter Haven where I was treated much better.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Oh No! I am so sorry that this was your experience at my hotel. I will take this up with my staff immediately and find out what was wrong - we can do much better. Please contact me at the hotel if you are interested in talking about this and I promise I can make this right. It shouldn't happen here and I am so sorry it happened to you.
Sugar Land, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night, as we were in the area for a quick trip to visit family. Even though it has a Lake Wales address, it is very close to the east side of Winter Haven, which is where our family lives. The hotel was clean and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a great night's sleep in the king bed, which is saying something because I rarely sleep well in a hotel. The breakfast was very adequate, and the man servicing that area was diligent about keeping the various food items available and the breakfast area clean and tidy. We were very pleased with our stay and will definitely stay here the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for this great review! You touched on a lot of things and I will be very proud to share this my team so that they can see how their hard work touches the experience of the guests that stay with us. I appreciate your time and business very much and hope you visit us again when you're in town.
ATL, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were in the area to attend a graduation so this hotel had the ideal location. The staff members were pleasant and the beds were very comfortable. During breakfast, there was plenty to choose from and the host kept it stocked. The hotel was convenient to the mall, Kohl's was across the parking lot, and there was a variety of restaurants nearby. We stayed two nights, having fridge/microwave was a plus. After we had gotten settled in the room, we noticed our fridge was not operating properly with keeping food cold, the desk clerk offered to house it for us. We were pleased with our stay- two thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2014
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you very much for your time and kind review. We appreciate your business and enjoyed having you here. We hope to see you again when you are in the area. Thanks again!
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was a second visit to this property within a year. Everything was great, from reservation-check-in, room and breakfast. The property is not too old and is well maintained. Staff was professional and knowledgable of local attractions, eating establisments, etc. The location is very close to shopping, golf, groceries etc. Yet it is in a suburban setting which contributed to a quiet nights rest on a great bed.

So if you are traveling on US hwy 27 near Winter Haven, check it out.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
I just wanted to thank you for your nice review of our hotel and for sharing your experience on this site. More and more, people use these reviews to make decisions and I think it is great of you to take the time to let people know that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate your business and I hope we see you here again soon.
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a friendly clean hotel, I have stayed here with family and returned with friends. Plus it's next to Kohls and what's there not to like about that... Do I hear Shopping!!! Unfortunately Lake Wales itself is a little dead but there is a great Steakhouse, Norby's on Hwy 60 that we like to visit...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your great review! I like Norby's too! And Manny's... I appreciate your time and willingness to share. We try very hard to make this a great hotel that guests love - your kind words will help inspire my staff to keep up their efforts. Thank you for being our guest and we hope we can serve you again in the future.
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

When you are exhausted you need a comfortable, clean, quiet place to get some rest. This is it! The staff was great, the room was all of the above and more! We had a little, stressed out dog with us and the room they gave us was close to the door thank God!

Room Tip: They were all nice but by the exits are the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you Sallysdaisy for your review of our property! It means a lot to us to hear from our guests about their experiences at the property and how the hard work and efforts of our team impact guest stays like yours. I share these at our meetings with the entire staff and and it is wonderful to have positive ones to present. Thank you again for your review and your patronage, and we hope we see you here again soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven? Share your experiences!