“Great layover before moving into our new home in Lake Wales” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lake Wales
Lake Wales, Florida
“Great layover before moving into our new home in Lake Wales”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

When you are exhausted you need a comfortable, clean, quiet place to get some rest. This is it! The staff was great, the room was all of the above and more! We had a little, stressed out dog with us and the room they gave us was close to the door thank God!

Room Tip: They were all nice but by the exits are the best.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you Sallysdaisy for your review of our property! It means a lot to us to hear from our guests about their experiences at the property and how the hard work and efforts of our team impact guest stays like yours. I share these at our meetings with the entire staff and and it is wonderful to have positive ones to present. Thank you again for your review and your patronage, and we hope we see you here again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
owensboro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very clean. The staff was friendly. The pool was great. The continental breakfast (which I wasnt expecting much from) was actually great too! My son's favorite part of our stay was making his own pancakes at breakfast. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Travelingman9876,

Thank you for taking time to write a review! It never stops amazing me how much kids love to make pancakes for themselves, and for everyone else, too. We are very happy that you had a great visit and appreciate so much that you shared it on this great site.

Please visit us again soon! We have plenty of batter for pancakes....
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I don't have a good reason, but this is our first time I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and all I can say is WOW! We came to the area for LegoLand and when we arrived we were impressed as soon as we saw the building. Our check-in was great and our room was more than I ever expected, super clean and ready when we arrived. We even got to meet the property manager, Mark, and he made sure our stay was going well. The breakfast was really good! Ray and Carol made sure we had everything we needed. All I can say is that Holiday Inn Express, especially this location, will be our first choice for now on. Thank you for a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear OMW911 - I remember you! Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express. It gives us much pride to read about your impressions of our work and facility, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Hope to see you again soon!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We stayed here towards the end of a Harley Davidson tour of the Florida Coast. Mark and the team were exceptionally helpful and friendly.

The rooms were top notch with a very comfortable bed.

It's the little things that set a chain hotel apart from the rest, warm friendly service and helpful staff, a call to your room to check you have everything you need and a feeling that you are more than just a paying customer.

Would definitely recommend.

Stayed April 2014
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your review! We really enjoyed having you as our guests - you guys were very charming. I am glad you enjoyed your adventure and I hope that, since you wrote this review, that you have made it home safely. Take care and maybe someday we will meet again!
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Went for a weekend with the kids for Legoland and shopping. Great location for both. The staff is so friendly and the hotel is the cleanest hotel in Lake Wales! I loved how helpful and knowledgeable the manager was about the area. We stayed at the other hotel in Lake Wales last time and had one problem after another. I loved this hotel! We will be back for sure the next time we are going to be in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel and for your business! We try hard very hard to make every stay a memorable and enjoyable experience, and we are very happy that you enjoyed yours. I will share your remarks with my team - it will make them proud to see that their hard work pays off and encourage them to keep up the good work. Everyone works very hard to make sure that this is a great hotel that guests love. Thank you again.
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Not sure how or where the other reviewers stayed but this hotel in my personal opinion was nothing less than superb. The front desk was always at the front desk, the room was very clean and smelled clean and the staff could not do enough to make my stay a comfortable one. I am a Platinum Elite member which simply means I stay ALOT at Holiday Inn. In all my stays, this hotel ranks 1 in as it relates to overall satisfaction. The breakfast was great. I stayed there for an Easter Sunrise Service at Bok Tower. Breakfast normally opens at 6:30 however, the staff made a special exception when I told them I would be leaving before then and opened breakfast much earlier to accommodate us. The staff knew the area and made excellent recommendations on where to go and the travel times to those locations. They always greeted me by name. After I checked in I got a call from the front desk asking me if they could do anything to make my stay more comfortable. The front desk staff delivered extra towels to my room. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating and friendly. The room was vacuumed and very clean, not dusty. I will be back again. I recommend the readers to not go on the other reviews but take this experienced guest to try this hotel when you're in the area, you won't be at all disappointed. I give this hotel 6 stars.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 219. Excellent, quiet and clean room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to share this review on Trip Advisor. We try very hard to make every stay a memorable one and we value every opinion that gets shared. I will make sure that my staff gets to see this and continues to try hard to make each stay great. Hope you visit us again soon!
Lake Butler
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Staff was friendly upon check-in and room was clean. Breakfast was average tasting but there was a decent selection. Bed & pillows were awesome-very comfortable! We stayed for 2 nights-not at all impressed with housekeeping. They did not replenish the cups or coffee used and did not vacuum an obviously needed area in room. Did like that room came with micro & frig. Good thing we had to be up very early because the slamming of nearby doors was ridiculous. Probably would stay again if we came back to area.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
mark53546, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and review. I will share your remarks with my team - especially housekeeping, so they can see where to improve. We try very hard to please all of our guests and I apologize for the shortcomings of your stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven? Share your experiences!