“Clean and affordable” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sarasota, Florida
“Clean and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Room was clean and the hote had everything I needed. Kind of off the beaten path which made it quiet. would have like more selection for breakfast items but the quality was good. The furniture in the room was a little outdated but still in good condition. Had an issue with my keys but the front desk fixed it right away and excorted me to make sure that it worked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Quiet, treed area, away from all the Orlando traffic, but only one block from the interstate that will get you anywhere in the Orlando area you need to go. The rooms are nicely appointed, comfortable and have microwaves and refrigerators. The hotel staff is polite and accommodating The breakfast buffet has both a very comprehensive and cooked to order food all included for in the $10 range. The restaurant has excellent accommodations. The coffee, however, is a bit weak. The hotel could use a robust type which is typical of most Hilton Brands. The internet is fast and free. I heartily recommend this hotel for both business and family use.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Saint Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Nice, clean, comfortable rooms - The adjustable Bed was awesome. Easy access to I-4 and lots of restaurants nearby. We didn't try the breakfast buffet because we brought a bunch of food from home because the room has a microwave and med size fridge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I stayed here for a week while on travel for business.

The hotel itself is nice. It sports a fitness center, business center, and pool. I did not use any of those amenities. The breakfast is $9.95 (or included, depending upon your rate or corporate agreement). My breakfast was included but I did not leave myself enough time in the mornings to sit down and eat. The area was typically well attended and the food selection looked great. They have a combination of self serve items as well as made to order with a waitstaff.

In the evenings, they have a small dinner as well and an honor bar. I'm not sure of the cost and I did not see it well attended. One night I thought of a glass of wine, but both bottles were not opened so I just went on to my room.

The room is good size. I had a room on the top (3rd) floor. It was quiet and facing the pool area. There was a coffee machine (not individual cups, which I prefer), microwave and mini refrigerator. There is a large desk and chair with ottomon. I had a king size bed..it was not one of the sleep number beds, or if it was, I did not notice. The bathroom was sufficient with Bath and Body Works branded soap/shampoo and lotion. The soap was Noxema. There was a larger than normal jetted tub with great water pressure and temperature. The shower head had many options.

Bed was very comfortable as well as the pillows. I can't figure out why none of my pillows are that comfortable at home!

There is a decent stock in the "pantry" area for purchase off the lobby. They sell wine and beer by the can if you want a small nightcap.

My main complaint was the parking lot. There are plenty of spots, but the lights were not working in the lot except for directly in front. Most of the time, I would need to park more to the side and I being a solo female, I'm not keen on parking in darkness, which is what I had to do every night except for one. I feel safe in the area, but I really don't like that anywhere... They do have lights--just not sure why they were not functional.

Overall a very good stay. I didn't rate higher because it is not a full service resort and due to the lighting situation in the parking lot. I will stay here again as it is a convenient location for work and an affordable nice hotel. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Only 40 minutes from Orlando Airport , 30 minutes from Universal Studios and 30 minutes from Daytona Beach. Wonderful location, right off of Interstate 4. Very friendly staff. Breakfast is a wonderful value ~ lots of hot food. The room was clean and plenty of hot water for showers. I will definately stay there again. Wish we had time to use the pool ~ very clean!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Checked in over New Years for two nights. Hotel Rooms were clean and Quiet. Beds were way too soft! Breakfast was good. Had a problem with room not being cleaned between nights. Asked Front desk and they said staff was off for the holiday. I then asked for some compensation since I had paid full price both nights and should have had a clean room. They told me they were unable to help me and that I to contact the manager who was not in at the time. Long story short, I spoke with the manager after getting home from the trip and he was able to refund part of our fees. I feel it was handled well in the end but perhaps management might consider giving their Front desk staff more authority to deal with these things as they happen.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cooperstown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Taking friends to Sanford Airport for early flight. We had three rooms and were all very happy. Did not have breakfast as it was Sunday and breakfast starts at 7:00, so I am not rating breakfast. Only a few miles on a straight road to the airport. Would recommend this hotel to anyone in the Lake Mary area.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the first floor.