I generally like Homewood Suites because it's always nice to have a suite-type room. They typically have a competitive rate with the other business -focused hotels, and in addition, you also have a nice sized fridge and small kitchen. They also frequently have ceiling fans in the bedrooms, which I think is a fantastic touch. I wish all hotels would add that feature.
This hotel did well on my list of priorities:
1. Bed comfort - yes, good.
2. Carpet clean - decent.
3. Good water pressure - yes.
4. Good temperature control on thermostat - yes.
5. Good housekeeping - one day did not get towels replaced and they did not notice that a lightbulb was burned out over the vanity, so I had to call maintenance later. The other days housekeeping was spot on, so maybe it was just the one bad day.
Service wise, the staff were very friendly but follow up was not consistent. For example, the first night I was there, about 10:00 I started to smell cigarette smoke very strongly in my room, like someone was smoking next door. I called down to the front desk to let them know since I thought Hilton was 100% smoke free. The front desk person explained that smoking was allowed on the 5th floor (I was on the 4th) and sometimes the smoke came through the vents. So we talked about moving--although I was not going to move my whole room at 10:00 at night, so he said something about moving me the next day. I never heard anything more about it, and didn't smell smoke the rest of the stay so I didn't ask about it, but I was disappointed that nobody bothered to call back and make sure I didn't want to move. Not a huge deal but not perfect service either. Obviously the other point of that story is that if smoking bothers you don't get a room on the 4th floor.
Location is good. Target and Publix are right up the street, with lots of other desirable chains like Starbucks and Chipotle in the area as well. I normally like to try locally owned restaurants in the area but we just did not get out too much for dinner that week.
Overall the appearance of the hotel needed a refresh but was not so bad that I am complaining about it. It did appear to be clean and to me that is more important than the style.
As I said in the title, this is a nice enough property, and if there were not so many other options I would stay there again, but I would like to see if I could find something just a little more updated.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Lake Mary Hotel Lake Mary
- Homewood Suites Lake Mary
- Hilton Lake Mary
- Homewood Lake Mary
- Lake Mary Hilton
- Lake Mary Homewood Suites