“Nice enough, but will try others in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early - Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Mission KS
“Nice enough, but will try others in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I generally like Homewood Suites because it's always nice to have a suite-type room. They typically have a competitive rate with the other business -focused hotels, and in addition, you also have a nice sized fridge and small kitchen. They also frequently have ceiling fans in the bedrooms, which I think is a fantastic touch. I wish all hotels would add that feature.

This hotel did well on my list of priorities:
1. Bed comfort - yes, good.
2. Carpet clean - decent.
3. Good water pressure - yes.
4. Good temperature control on thermostat - yes.
5. Good housekeeping - one day did not get towels replaced and they did not notice that a lightbulb was burned out over the vanity, so I had to call maintenance later. The other days housekeeping was spot on, so maybe it was just the one bad day.

Service wise, the staff were very friendly but follow up was not consistent. For example, the first night I was there, about 10:00 I started to smell cigarette smoke very strongly in my room, like someone was smoking next door. I called down to the front desk to let them know since I thought Hilton was 100% smoke free. The front desk person explained that smoking was allowed on the 5th floor (I was on the 4th) and sometimes the smoke came through the vents. So we talked about moving--although I was not going to move my whole room at 10:00 at night, so he said something about moving me the next day. I never heard anything more about it, and didn't smell smoke the rest of the stay so I didn't ask about it, but I was disappointed that nobody bothered to call back and make sure I didn't want to move. Not a huge deal but not perfect service either. Obviously the other point of that story is that if smoking bothers you don't get a room on the 4th floor.

Location is good. Target and Publix are right up the street, with lots of other desirable chains like Starbucks and Chipotle in the area as well. I normally like to try locally owned restaurants in the area but we just did not get out too much for dinner that week.

Overall the appearance of the hotel needed a refresh but was not so bad that I am complaining about it. It did appear to be clean and to me that is more important than the style.

As I said in the title, this is a nice enough property, and if there were not so many other options I would stay there again, but I would like to see if I could find something just a little more updated.

Room Tip: Smoking is allowed on the 5th floor so if that would bother you check for room availability on a low...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Parkland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This Hotel was clean, cool, and roomy, breakfast was hot and good, plenty of parking right next to entrance - Hotel staff very friendly- will return, i stayed here 3 times. Room i had was on second floor, they have 2 elevators, room was large and felt cozy. The Hotel is near lots of restaurants and stores, 30 minutes without traffic from Disney and Universal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice Hotel in a park like setting. Two restaurants with in walking (Tilted Kilt and Marconi Grill). Convenient access in interstate and close to SFB airport. Modern rooms, nice pool area but free breakfast not that great but then again other than Embassy Suites, which are.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Menasha, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Great place. Large suites, complimentary breakfast and dinner. Free cookies all day. Heated pool, good location for walks yet close to everything you need. Very helpful friendly staff. So reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2013
Cibolo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in 5 different hotels while visiting our nephew who was in a hospital in the Orlando area and this hotel was the best one. Even better than Marriott Hillspring Suites in the Marriott Village. The suite was clean, quiet and the bathroom has no HUMIDITY at all. The complimentary breakfast was delicious with a great variety of hot and cold items. The front desk clerk was very courteous and professional and called our suite as soon as we got in the room to ask how everything was. I will definitely be staying in this hotel again when visiting Orlando. The hotel is about 30 minutes from the Disney Parks and the famous International Drive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Thank you for the awesome review. We're delighted that your stay was great and like the fact that you have figured out how to stay away from the "hubbub" of the theme parks and still be within a 30 minute drive. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
utica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Room wasnt ready, lobby full of unhappy people. Cody at front desk kept his cool and should get a medal for handling this situation. Didnt get in our room till after 6pm, he kept apologizing between answering phones and trying to please patrons.poor kid needed another pair of hands. I was really upset as this set us back and was very agitating when you planned a relaxing weekend. Called kim and she was very gracious and compesatedus for the inconvenience. Loved the suite, was spotless, brekfast was very good, location was great. We were in area for medical reasons and after the initial problem, all went fairly well. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you experienced a wait upon check-in during the Daytona 500 weekend. I am glad to hear that Cody handled himself professionally and that your suite was above expectations. We certainly appreciate loyal guests and look forward to seeing you again soon. ~ Kim Hayden
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I am a business traveler staying at the hotel three days a week since Oct/2012. I can't say enough good things about the property and staff. The rooms are large, comfortable and extremely clean. Watching the housekeeping staff clean the rooms is impressive. Given the age of the hotel, the property is well maintained. They have just recently put in new A/C units in the room which was a big improvement. Aside from a comfortable stay, the hotel staff is excellent! The customer service is first class from the second you check in until you leave. The entire staff should be complemented but especially the team that works in dining area. Michelle, Danny and Guy are the best! My work schedule will keep me at the hotel through the end of March and if my travels bring me back to the area the Lake Mary Homewood Suites is where I will hang my hat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly H, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you Mr. H for that fabulous review. I am delighted that you recognized Guy and his team. They work hard and I agree that they do an excellent job. It's guests such as yourself that make it all worthwhile and keep us smiling. I had other guests tell me that you were an excellent spokesperson for our hotel during the complimentary dinner. I certainly appreciate your kind word of mouth more than you know! Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you while you are here on your project. It is our goal to make you feel at home.
~Kim

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Mary? Share your experiences!