“Great place and a great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place and a great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I needed a place that was close to Winter Park, FL to look for apartments for my son who will be going to Full Sail University and this was perfect. It was 12 miles from the college but not so close that we had to deal with college kids or spring breakers down going to Disney. I was a little apprehensive about the animals and thought about taking an upper floor where there are none but we didn't have an issue at all. I think I heard one dog bark when we left our room for dinner but that was all. The carpets looked new and our room, while not elaborate was very clean and tastefully decorated. The thermostat that I usually fight with in hotels was easy to adjust and kept a constant temperature. I slept great! If you want a four course breakfast go somewhere else, but I enjoy a light breakfast and they had plenty of fruit, cereal, Belgian waffles (if you like something hot), yogurt, boiled eggs and such. There was someone constantly passing through the lobby cleaning the tables and putting out fresh food. Definitely worth the price we paid for the room!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This was a nice quiet location hidden in the trees but it was difficult to find. He signs are small and it's down a tree lined road. It has a nicely appointed lobby with clean rooms and nice crisp sheets. The hotel does seem to be well used and may need some touch ups on paint etc in the near future. Overall, it was a handy to shopping, restaurants and fairly close to the airport. I would definitely stay there again now that I know where it is located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel was a great value for the price. (Booked hotel on its web site). I took several associates for a management seminar just 15 minutes from this location and I was so glad I did. Would you believe there were no complaints. The rooms were perfect and the beds were excellent. Breakfast was very good and the food was fresh. The employees were super friendly and answered all my questions. I would rate this hotel a 3 star. I live in West Palm Beach, fla and get to stay all over florida. Believe me, I write reviews all the time this star rating for me, is no mistake. You will not be disappointed with hotel. Happy Traveling.......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Concho, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We only stayed one night for a very early flight out of Sanford. It was convenient and comfortable. We did not have a chance to try the breakfast but the service was good. Beware if using a GPS to find the place. Ours brought us to a point over a mile away and we had to contact the hotel for directions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

La Quinta is generally a 2 star property but this room was well above the average.. The room was very spacious with a work station that would accommodate several items. The TV was a newer model flat screen with adequate choices.
I had a smoking room that didn't have that typical smoked in odor - cudos to the housekeeping crew. All it takes is a little effort and they certainly did a good job ! Checking in and out was easy. The dining area was large and spacious - unfortunately their selection didn't match (It was the standard Waffle and cereal).
Room was clean with lighting adequate enough to see without having to turn on every light (I really liked the bedside controls for the room lighting !)
Interesting storage for the coffee pot and fridge. They were hidden in a corner closet so you didn't have to trip over them or move them to get some space.
The grounds were well kept and pleasant. The pool area was clean and well kept.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Mary? Share your experiences!