“Amura's - Great Variety and Service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Amura Japanese Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 127 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: THIS MOTHER'S DAY TEPPAN SPECIAL!!! 50% OFF FOR MOTHER'S!! Amura is best known for their fun and vibrant sushi. Rated as one of the best by critics as well as people"s choice for the past 11 years, Amura provides freshness and creativity in their presentation and not only tends to please the eye, but provides a taste that is quite delicious to the lips. Come experience our warm atmosphere and the best sushi in the Lake Mary area that will have you coming back for more.
Longwood, Florida
“Amura's - Great Variety and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

We visit this restaurant for dine-in or take-out at least once a month. It is located in a "retail village" area with a theater, coffee shop and other bars and eaterys. They have a great variety of dining types - typical table seating, teppan table group seating, sushi bar, outdoor seating, large service bar and take-out. The service we have had is always 1st class. The menu selections and food is very good and the sushi selections and quality is outstanding. The teppan table chefs are entertaining and follow special food preparation directions very well. Very good value.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Palm Coast, Florida
“Love! Love! Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I travel for a living and typically seek out sushi wherever I go from Florida to Hawaii. Amura is absolutely at the top of my list. My qualifier for the mark of a good sushi place is Tuna Tataki. I have yet to visit another establishment that comes close to Amuras! Amura is slightly higher on the price scale but compared to many places I've visited I think you get more bang for your buck here. I've never been served a dish here that I felt was over priced as the portion sizes are very generous. I have visited both the Lake Mary and Sand Lake locations on many occasions over the past 7 years. I eat at one or the other at least once a month. I'm a big fan of the Bubba Roll or for a sweet treat Tango Mango is amazing.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“Fresh Sushi - Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

You will not find a place that will serve a meal that is as tasty or fresh as Amura. Great music (chill out) pumping through the house adds to the ambiance. Get the volcano roll if you like scallop/krabmeat.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
lake mary, florida
“Manager has no clue!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

First our servers were great and very accommodating. We went for the "early bird"speical which we have been to before several times with others and were very pleased. We ordered the ''early bird" finding out that now everything that was once included is now an extra charge (fried rice, soup and salad, etc). My husband ordered steak medium rare and even tried to stop the chef from cooking it any more - it was so tough and poorly seasoned. Nothing tasted the same and we found out we had a "new" chef. My husbandand another couple couldn't even eat their steak. The waitress talked to the manager, who never came out to ask us anything, and stated we would be comped! What a joke and an insult, ourselves and the other couple received a $3.00 comp and our bill was still almost $40. After asking to speak with the manager he came out and his comment was "it is the early bird special" - so that means poor quality? We will never recommend this place or return.... the Manager should be fired! Maybe they don't need our business but we do frequent many restaurants with others and this is not on our list anymore... Good Luck!

• Visited September 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Was my favorite restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I used to love Amura. It was my favorite sushi place. Freshness and quality used to be outstanding. I really hope they fix what they changed. I am very disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars Food