“ATTENTION CENTRAL FLORIDA” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Orlando, Florida
“ATTENTION CENTRAL FLORIDA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I had lunch/early dinner at Filomena's Pizzeria Ristorante in Lake Mary on April 23, 2013. The restaurant address is in Lake Mary FL, however, it is at the entrance to Seminole State College in Sanford and just off US Higway 17&92. The restaurant was clean, had real linens on the tables and the waitress was friendly and helpful. They have a large menu with competitive pricing. I enjoy my meal of spaghetti and home-made meat sauce, bread (which was served hot and fresh), a small side salad with home-made dressing and FRESH ice tea. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves Italian. I have also p[osted the Menu on this site. I will be back again. JT

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Don't waste your time unless you have time to waste!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well after reading the above review, I have to say that it was a different experience. We called for reservations that were not needed. The place was like a pizzeria. Our server was very slow, the waitress and waiters do not work together. When we finally placed our order it took forever to get the salad. The salad was decorative but not fresh. Leaves were wilted and brown. The entrees for four people were mixed. Two in my party had marinara sauce which was too spicy. Very heavy-handed with the hot pepper, so the above review was not the case. The other two entrees were just fair to poor. The server did not come back to refill drinks. The caesar salad had to be made to order but we waited a long time. I believe we were in the pizza joint, which they make you believe it is a nice restaurant for 3 hours. People were coming and going , even ones who were seated after us. Unfortunately, I gave the waiter a good tip to just get out of there, because he was't coming back for the check. I would definitely say not to go here with all the nicer restaurants in the Lake Mary and Sanford area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
“From good to great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This restaurant used to be Vivonas II and recently has had a change in ownership and a new name. We had been going off and on for several years before "the change". The food was consistent, fairly priced and good if not exciting. The last time we went we were wow'd. Subtle changes to the recipes have changed them from good to great. The marinara sauce is slightly lighter, less greasy tasting and very flavorful.The dinner salad has been upgraded and improved as has the house dressing. Everything seemed fresher. The bread was warm and crispy and not hard. We enjoyed the change of presentation using square dinnerware. I tried the home made Sangria and it was very tasty and refreshing. No bitter, leftover wine flavor. I could have consumed an entire liter! If you haven't been in awhile, it is time to go back! Still great prices and plenty of food.

• Visited January 2013