“Over Hyped former luncheonette converted restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 126 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Asian fusion
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Lake Mary's newest culinary concept offers a diverse selection of world cuisine that's sure to get your taste buds popping. Small intimate restaurant with amazing food. Head Chef and owner Lonnie Proctor has a passion for food and it shows in every meal he creates. So make your reservation now and discover a new favorite dish from Chef Lonnie.
DeBary, Florida
“Over Hyped former luncheonette converted restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

First none of the pictures reflect that this place has a long lunch counter and only five or six booths with high back benches. The grill/cooking area is right behind the lunch type counter. The service was good and the food service was fast. They do not serve hard liquor cocktails. They have a small selection of wines and beers. I had a Sam Adams, but they had only one bottle and no draft so I could not get a second. They featured McChouffe beer, over priced at $8 a glass only rated 89 by beer advocate. The fried shrimp torpedo appetizer was tasty. I wanted capensis and was offered mahi mahi, instead I had the shrimp island style. Typical of supermarket bottled sauce, but not wonderful tasting jerk sauce on the shrimp with tasteless tomato, cilantro, and onion butter sauce and horrible Caribbean rice pilaf . My wife had the mussel special which was loaded with broken pieces of mussel shell from eastern Canada. Several mussels did not open, an indication of not fresh or dead mussels or just plain improper cooking. Afterwards we had coffee, big mistake. It was either a instant or more likely a k-cup type brew which NEVER produces good coffee, but fast for lazy folk who don't care for the quality of a fine brew or espresso.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Sanford, Florida
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Love the decor, easy menu, comfortable and good service. Food was fresh and tasty. Will definitely go again.

Visited September 2013
DeBary, Florida
“The Most Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I moved to central FL from NY a few years ago and have been in search of a truly special dining experience. Lonnie's is by far the absolute best! They have the most amazing food and Chef Lonnie provides exquisite attention to every detail. It's a small, intimate restaurant providing a true breath of fresh air from the multitude of chain restaurants that have overcrowded the entire restaurant scene in this part of the country. I have been there for special dinners with my husband and am a frequent flyer with co-workers for lunch. I've tried the seafood gumbo soup, the blackened Ahi tuna salad, the crispy eggplant piccata and the sandwiches - nothing short of exceptional. Oh and don't forget to try the creme brulee with fresh strawberries...to die for!! A truly 5 star dining experience :-)

• Visited August 2013
ft. myers
“Best Meal in Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate at Lonnie's tonight based on the reviews I read on tripadvisor. I can see why it is rated number one. I would rate in # 1 in the whole state of Florida. All four of our meals, the wine and appetiziers were nothing short of excellent. Lonnie's gives you that personal touch that makes you feel like you are the only person in the restaurant. The service was excellent, as well as the atmosphere. The food itself was more than excellent. I can't remember when I have had such a wonderful meal. We don't live in the area but our son does. We will be back for sure!

• Visited July 2013
Sanford, FL
“Delightful spot in Lake Mary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Although we have dined at Lonnie's several times and each time enjoyed our meals, lunch was especially nice this time. The pot roast sandwich was exactly as it should have been. It was tender and full of flavor. The Ahi tuna salad was wonderful. I asked for the sauces on the side and they were terrific. The highlight of the meal was the carrot cake. Not usually a favorite of mine, I was so surprised when this generous piece of cake arrived. The carrot cake was dense, moist, not overly sweet and had cream cheese frosting! Perfect!

• Visited June 2013