“Close to Orlando / Sanford Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   850 Village Oak Lane, Lake Mary, FL 32746   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early - Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
salisbury
“Close to Orlando / Sanford Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Nice place to stay when having an early flight from Orlando Sanford. Easy access internet/printers in their business center. Early opening for breakfast bar 6am. Comfortable room, clean, easy on/off I-4. Reasonably priced and accomodating staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you very much for you great review! Everyone here at the Hampton Inn and Suites strive to provide all of our guests with the highest level of satisfaction. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your night with us before heading to the Sanford Airport, and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our fantastic Hampton Hot Breakfast!

We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Lake Mary/Orlando area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had blocked close to 70 rooms for a wedding block for my wedding. The location is very nice. You've got a strip mall with dining, grocery and Ruth's Chris steakhouse right outside the hotel. Make sure you checkout World of Beer in the strip mall outside the hotel. The location is convenient to I-4 and very easy access. The hotel sits off the main road and is surrounded by trees, for some this might make it difficult to find the hotel.

Hotel Itself: You can tell this hotel is the most recent prototype hotel, but it was a bit older than the ones I usually stay at. Very large lobby area and the hotel grounds were very clean. The furniture and decor are starting to show its age, but this shouldn't deter you from staying at the hotel. Breakfast area was rather large, but not updated with the new "perfect mix lobby". The elevators, meeting space and pantry area were clean and always accessible. The parking lot was bright and properly lit, making it seem safe while out at your car.

Rooms: The rooms were spotless and clean. Linens and towels were spotless. No one in my wedding party complained of a dirty room. If you get a standard single bed room or standard double, they are on the small side. Most of my party had suites so those were rather large. The furnishings and decor are becoming dated, but according to the staff they should be refurbishing soon. A few rooms had a musty smell from HVAC unit temperature being turned up, but after running HVAC unit everything was fine. No hot water issues, even when most of my group showered around the same time.

Free Internet: Worked perfect except for when you try using Apple Facetime or Skype. They don't have enough bandwidth to handle these applications. Not an issue, as most hotels with paid or free internet access have these issues.

Staff: Great, friendly and warm staff. They were engaging and always talkative with our group. Nothing negative to say. The sales staff I dealt with starting 8 months prior to arrival, were always on top of their game. They kept me filled in at all times and even going the extra mile to distribute our wedding party instructions and welcome bags to all my guest. You can tell the breakfast attendant was overwhelmed with our group, maybe additional help. Housekeeping staff was efficient, prompt and friendly.

Bottom line - great hotel, great location and great staff. Book early to get the cheapest price, otherwise this place can get pricy. Anything under $120 is worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the porte cochere are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Our location provides one of our greatest benefits to our guests, and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of all the fantastic options the Colonial TownPark has to offer.

I am happy to announce that we are currently transitioning to the “perfect mix lobby” and we will be ready to unveil our gorgeous new breakfast area the first week of December. The furniture and décor have been replaced with a brand new modern look and feel. We also updated our fitness center to include brand new equipment as well.

Complimentary internet access is one of the great perks of staying at a Hampton Inn. It is not acceptable that some applications do not work just because it is free. We are currently working with Hilton to upgrade our bandwidth and guarantee our guests the best Wi-Fi access that can be provided.

At the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary we strive to exceed our guests' expectations at each and every opportunity and we take great pride in providing excellent customer service. Our goal is to give the same level of service to a single, one night traveler that we provided to your group of 70. I am proud that our staff was able to make your wedding party feel at home while they were with us.

I hope that you will come stay with us again, and see our new lobby next time you are in the Lake Mary area!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spent the past weekend at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary. The location was conveniently located off of the high way with plenty of places to enjoy in the area. The shuttle service was an added convenience and was great to use getting around. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The beds were perfect and the room was spotless! We were equal distance from the beach and from Disney making it a perfectly balanced vacation! I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay on my next visit to Orlando.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! Our mission at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary is to exceed our guests' expectations at each and every opportunity and we take great pride in providing excellent customer service that goes above and beyond the call of duty. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our ideal location to make the most out of your trip to Orlando!

At the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary, we love having you here and we are excited to have the opportunity to host you the next time you visit Orlando!
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Good:
Location, Location, Location. It's right beside Colonial Townpark. Quite few choices on restaurant here, my fav is still Crispers. It's right next door! Theres also a movie theatre, spa, urgent care...etc. Publix is 1min walk. Very convenient.
Very friendly front desk staff. Quiet AC, wifi speed is quite decent. Lake Mary town center is only 3 min away. I-4 is literally straight down the road from the hotel.

The bad:
When we ask for late check out since I didn't have a goodnight sleep and worried about the 5hr drive back home, they turned us down. As polite as it seems, it was sunday afternoon, everyone checked out, the hotel was practically empty and when we leaving around 12:00noon, theres only 2 cars in the parking lot.I was very disappointed.
Also, the first day, I went out at 7 in the morning and came back at 2pm, they still haven't cleaned the room yet.

Overall a good hotel to stay at if you are visiting Lake Mary.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Mary.

I am pleased that your experience was pleasant and that you enjoyed mostly all of the elements of your stay. I do however regret that the check out process was not up to your expectiations. Our late checkout time is at noon, when you checked out and I apologize that our front desk was unable to accomodate your needs. Our housekeeping staff are instructed to clean checked out rooms in the morning, and in house guest rooms in the mid afternoon. This would explain, but not excuse, your room not being refreshed before you returned on your first night with us.

We all appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again should your travels return you to the Lake Mary/Orlando area.
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We just needed an overnight since we were flying into Sanford/Orlando. We were very pleased - price was right, staff were great and room was clean and updated. The front desk recommended a restaurant and it was great!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. We take great pride in our courteous and knowledgeable staff. I am happy you were able to enjoy one of the many excellent restaurants that surround our hotel. I hope you can stay with us again the next time you are in the area!
Swannanoa, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. It was just as nice as it was last time. Everything was nice and clean. My family really enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast is great. There is a very good variety of breakfast foods. They were working on the lobby while we were here. It was never a problem for us or anyone else that I saw. The staff at here are all very nice and helpful. We will definitely be back the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bryan W, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. We love hearing from our loyal return guests. I think our breakfast is great too, the made to order waffles are my favorite! I hope you have the opportunity to stop by again after our lobby is finished. It is going to be beautiful and I am sure that you will love it!
gainesville,fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I travel a lot and am very picky about where I stay, this Hampton Inn was very clean and in a great location! I thoroughly inspected the mattresses and pillows for any signs of bugs and I'm happy to say that this hotel passed my inspection. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the staff friendly and a fair price.

• Stayed October 2012
Hi Lila108, Thank you so much for your response. Our housekeeping staff does a fantastic job and we are all proud that we passed your personal inspection! I hope you are able to stay with us next time you are in Lake Mary!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Mary at Colonial TownPark? Share your experiences!