Along the I-4 corridor at the Lake Mary exit. You can see it from the I-4, but you have to go east off main blvd and turn south at an intersection, then turn again into the hotel. It’s about a 1-mile run from the I-4 exit even though you can see it from I-4 heading East. ALERT! If you don’t want to hear I-4 traffic in you room, specify a room not facing I-4. The road noise is terrible and non-stop. Note: traffic noise in bathroom was even worse.
Okay, we got this room free by spending some Holiday Inn points, so I guess we didn’t get the best choice. We got handicap assessable room that was parallel to the I-4 traffic. This was a studio with a very-wide bathroom (tub vs shower stall). The king-size bed took up too much space in the sleeping area. The recliner was wedged in between the bed and the AC unit on the outside wall. I don’t see how a handicapped person could maneuver into that chair. BED WAS TERRIBLE. It didn’t have to be great, but it felt like a plywood board with a topper that sat on some springs. If you have back problems, this would be an issue for you. My friend --- with the back problem --- slept in the recliner and had a better night sleep than I did. A small desk doubles as your dining table. Except for the wide doors and bathroom handles, I think the handicap options are accommodating to only moderately physically-challenged persons. Room clean but felt worn.
Fridge, sink, stove all lined up in the hallway between the door and sleeping area. Lot’s of appliance lights shining at night.
They have a 24-hour mini-mart on the main floor and several methods to pay for food, toothpaste etc. The room did have a coffee-pot set up. No on-site breakfast. You’ll have to get back on that Lake Mary road to find food.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Lake Mary Hotel Lake Mary
- Candlewood Suites Lake Mary Hotel
- Candlewood Lake Mary
- Lake Mary Candlewood
- Lake Mary Candlewood Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience our new Comforts of Home bedding collection. The Candlewood Suites hotel, Lake Mary-Orlando Florida wins Intercontinental Hotels Group's Torchbearer Award! This award is given to the top 5 hotels who have demonstrated excellent service and quality. The Candlewood Suites hotel Lake Mary - Orlando Florida is conveniently located off I-4 and Lake Mary Blvd, exit 98. This beautiful property is nestled in the center of a lush landscaped business park, just a short walk to Scholastic Book, ATT/Cingular Wireless, Progress Energy, McGraw Hill, and many other companies. All major attractions are within 15 to 20 miles of the hotel (Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, MGM Studios, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Downtown Disney, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon and the Orlando Convention Center. Our guests enjoy free high-speed Internet, can cook a meal in their fully equipped kitchen, relax by our tranquil outdoor pool, borrow a favorite book or movie from our free lending library and purchase food and beverage items 24 hours a day from the Candlewood Cupboard convenience store. The Orlando International Airport and the Sanford Orlando International Airport are conveniently located to the hotel and provide easy access to the Candlewood Suites Hotel Lake Mary - Orlando Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Candlewood Suites Lake Mary reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.