“Suited me perfectly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Austin, Texas
“Suited me perfectly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Was there for 4 nights. Room was dark, thermostat kept it nice and cool, given Florida's mid-day heat and humidity. Plenty of towels. Disappointed that BOTH treadmills were down, but it forced me to run outside and it was a more pleasant run anyway. Staff was ultra-friendly, especially Deanna, but I am a low-maintenance guest. Thanks for the bonus points! I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for something in the high numbers, so you're room doesn't front the interstate.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for the kind words! We are so glad that you had such an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next vis, Rest assure that both trademill have been fixed. Again thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near futur.

Rachid Alaoui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
nanoose bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We arrived after midnight, so were in no mood for any problems such as dirty room or problems checking in. We appreciated everything going well and the room clean and quiet and the beds comfortable. We showered later in the morning; there was no hot water for a while I think because guests who rose earlier had depleted the tank, but later it warmed up. The toilet in room 330 ran after flushing until I pulled the top and shook the chain. For a less expensive alternative, this place is good and I would stay there again under the same circumstances. Deanna at the front desk asked me to mention her name in this review, so I am doing that. If I could offer some advice, the hotel could have some signage erected for after you leave the freeway, so it would be easier to find the place.

Room Tip: You do not want one near the elevator, as it is pretty noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear stephenp480,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
eMedia Coordinator
IHGCare
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was disappointed. The Room itself was O.K., but other that, not a good place to stay at all. There was NO Hot Water for the first three nights of the stay, if it was luke warm we would have been lucky!! The Pool had leaves, which I can understand as there are trees along the pool area, but the Beer Cans and other Trash floating in the Pool for four days was terrible, I can't believe that No Staff Member saw that for days on end!! The reason for my stay was business related, needless to say the No Hot Water issue did not make for a relaxing evening after the business activities, nor did it make for a pleasant morning before going to the scheduled business agenda that day. When I checked out, the reciept would not print, (though it was e-mailed to me, later). I was surprised with the next e-mail I recieved, asking me for "Feedback". I responded to them, and listed the complaints resulting in one nights fee being removed from my Credit Card account. I would NOT recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay, whether it be for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
comfortable accommodations during your stay. We kindly ask, that at your earliest convenience, you contact us directly so we may speak with you in more detail. We look forward to resolving this situation with you in the immediate future. Your feedback and opinion is highly regarded by our team.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I came here as a potential 2 week long guest. When they did the tour I chose them because of their bright smiles and how comfortable they made me feel. I am so glad I made that choice! All the staff is so sweet and accomodating. Deanna especially always went above and beyond. She never got tired of faxing papers for me, helping me get fresh towels, or just greeting me everytime I walked through the lobby. Thanks Candlwood, for amazing customer service at such a great value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Becky W,

Thank you for your comments we are happy that you had a great stay with us! We pride ourselves in delivering top - notch guest service! Our team will be happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm on the road about half of the time, so once I find a place I like, I try not to stray. I have been staying at this Candlewood Suites when I'm in the Orlando area for the last two years. In that time, I have never had a problem. Deanna and the rest of the staff always make me feel welcome and comfortable. On my first night's stay, I was a little concerned about the noise from I-4, but the insulated shutters blocked out all the noise and light. Zero problems sleeping at night in that regard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Nikki,

Thank you for your comments we will share them with the entire staff! It is our pleasure to take care of all your needs during your stay. we will see you soon.

wellington fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff at the candlewood suites in Lake Mary Fl. is excellant...I have stayed there quite often due to the clean rooms..if you check in and are greeted by Deanna you will be treated like a King or Queen from the time you enter to check in..If you have any questions Deanna always has the answer with a friendly smile...every time I am in the Orlando area I stay here..

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi William,

Thank you for the Awesome comments! The entire team takes pride in providing each guest with top - notch service and we are happy that you believe we have succeeded . We look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was in a great location and we were lucky to find such a nice hotel last minute! The gentleman at the desk was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Thank you for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
April 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
We want to thank you for your great comments regarding the Hotel and the service from our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you when your travels bring you back, for buisness or pleasure to the Candlewood suites lake mary
Be well.

Rachid Alaoui

Been to Candlewood Suites Lake Mary? Share your experiences!