“Very budget friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Largo, Florida
“Very budget friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a girlfriends getaway, on a budget. We wanted a place on the other side of Disney/Universal. It was sooooo nice to have the kitchenette, not because we cooked, but to house the bottle of wine and other drinks and nightly noshes. Being able to have a pseudo table to gather around to drink a glass (or two) of wine and eat some pita chips and hummus, and a little cheese was not only convenient, but saved us a ton of money and we didn't feel guilty for "hogging" a table at a restaurant somewhere while we gabbed.

This is NOT a posh hotel. There was a pool that could have used just a tad more maintenance, but not so much to keep me out of the pool if this had been a hot summer day.

The staff was AMAZINGLY friendly and most helpful. There is nothing nicer that being greeted with a genuine smile when you arrive. I'm sure if we had required anything, they would have been very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask to be in the "wing" that is not next to the interstate, if road noise bothers you. We...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We thank you for your kind review regarding our candlewood suites Hotel. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our Team takes pride in ensuring our guests are able to relax and unwind in our beautiful accommodations while enjoying all that the orlando/ lake mary area has to offer. We invite you to join us again on your next trip to Lake Mary fl.

Rachid ALaoui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Have stayed at quite a few standard hotels and one of my favorite is Candlewood Suites. For the same price or less than other hotels charge, you get more amenities including gym, free laundry room and a kitchen in the room.The rooms are always clean and functional and should there be an exception to that for any reason, the staff will immediately resolve any issues in a polite, courteous and expeditious manner. The manager (Rashid) and front desk associate (Deanna) I met during several of my stays at the hotel are two of the most genuinely nice people you will meet anywhere. They are both professional, yet very friendly, sincerely concerned and attentive to your needs and the quality of your stay. They have a great attitude about helping their customers and ensuring any issues during your stay are addressed and if appropriate are compensated for. I recommend Candlewoods because of the value you get for your money and because of the great service they provide. If you are in the Lake Mary FL. area and are looking for a moderately priced hotel that offers a casual, clean, comfortable and amenity rich setting.. this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Best rooms are top floor away from the highway.. ask for one that doesn't have connecting doorwa...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, and the nice comments regarding our great staff, especially Deana Sosa, I will pass the information to our team. I’m pleased to hear that your I’m glad you had a pleasant stay with us, We look forward to welcoming you back very soon if your travels brings you to the lake mary area.
Be Well,

Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great clean facility in a great safe area with plenty of restaurants (chains and local ethnic). The only negative is if you have a room next to the I4 you will hear it. Awesome hotel for relocators to Orlando.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
,Greetings,

We sincerely appreciate your comments on the level of service you received from our staff and , which will be shared with our team. We hope to see you again very soon at the candlewood suites lake mary on your next visit.
Be Well,

Lake Mary, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been staying here since January 2013, average of 20 days per month and I have never had a problem. The suites are always very clean, neat and quiet. The beds are so comfortable, I never have any trouble sleeping, unlike other places I have been. The staff is probably one of the best I have ever seen and alway there to help you no matter the situation. If you want to be greeted by some of the best people in the industry, this is the place to stay when in this area. All the staff is excellent, but, Ms Shalaine Cox is the absolute best. When you come to the lobby, she always greets you with a big smile and a hello, how are you. If she doesn't make you feel wanted and at home, no one will. I can't say enough good about Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, Fl. You owe it to yourself to give these great people a try.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Jim O,

Thank you for your comments I will share your kind words with the and team! Our staff is always striving to make sure that every stay is a great one! We love that you chose to stay with us thank you for loyalty and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here a week during training. The hotel was full the week I was that but it was quiet and the staff was great. The staff always bent over backwards to make sure any request I had was taken care of. All the staff was great from the General Manager to the housekeeping department. Everyone always spoke to me when met in the hall. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area. If you want a good room with a great staff this is the hotel you need to stay at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cndllakemary, Manager at Candlewood Suites Lake Mary, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Candlewood Suites lake mary/orlando. Our staff is thrilled to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your recent stay. We look forward to having you again in the future!

Thank you very much again for taking the time and posting a review to help other travelers make the Candlewood suites a home away from home.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I had to stay here for a couple of weeks caring for family after a tragedy. I do not normally do reviews, but the way the management and staff treated me during hard times with such kindness and compassion, I felt compelled to do this for them.
The room was comfortable and cozy. The little store near the lobby was a god send late at night and I just can not say enough about the staff.
When I come back to town I will be staying here again. They treat you better than family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Angel,

Thank you so very much for the review and the gift basket you have sent, It was our pleasure having you and able to serve you during your most recent visit. I am glad to hear that your son is feeling much better and he is recovering well.
I hope the next you visit the lake mary you would stay a little bit longer so you can experience all the amenities that we have to offer.

Thank you again for your review.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Booked and paid three months in advance through Expedia. E-mailed Hotel two weeks prior to arrival requesting a quiet room (not next to elevator/ice machine). When I arrived I was informed that hotel was full and I would have to stay elsware. After two pleasant nights at La Quinta I returned to Candlewood to be placed in a room next to a noisy elevator.The breakfast room stank of tobacco.
Not to be recommended

Room Tip: Go next door to La Quinta
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We at Candlewood suites - Lake Mary, are always striving to provide the best accommodations and service possible. I sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. I understand that you did make a reservation at our property but instead you were sent to another hotel because the hotel was sold out. This is a very frustrating and I can only imagine how you may have felt. I have spoken to our reservation manager about the issue to make sure it will never happen again to any of our guest.
Please accept our sincere apologies again and i am hoping you could give us another chance.

Rachid Alaoui

Been to Candlewood Suites Lake Mary? Share your experiences!