“Very good, nice and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Lake Mary
Laval, Canada
“Very good, nice and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to this hotel for business. Great value, great location!
Excellent service!
Bed was comfortable, did not like the pillows too much but everything else was amazing! Bathroom was pretty clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Lowlander,

Your comments are very appreciated. Now that you know where
we are, please come back to experience our new Beds being unveiled
in Late June!

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed in the Sanibel Marriott near Ft. Myers, FL for three nights before I stayed in this one. I paid 300% more per night at Sanibel for a "resort" hotel but this hotel was hands-down better in nearly every way. The front line staff members seemed more friendly and capable. The breakfast was superior because it had everything the Sanibel Marriott did but with the addition of waffles. I normally don't compare hotels like this on TripAdvisor but paying so much more for an inferior hotel tends to get your attention! I would recommend this hotel as an affordable and well-run hotel to anyone. The king sized bed was plush, the hot water plentiful, and the room super clean-what more could you want!

Room Tip: Don't expect a view with this hotel. There is nothing but Orlando sprawl in every direction but...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Low lander,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and I promise we will
Get you a room with the Best View we have!

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have had occassion to stay here on numerous occassions over the last 6-7 months and have no complaints. The rooms are always consistent and well appointed, special requests such as pillows, towels or wine glasses are quickly addressed (and in my case as a regular visitor even occasionally anticipated). The staff is always accomadating and cheerful and the location is very convenient with a number of very good restaurants, bars and even a publix all withing walking distance. The hotel also has a nice Sunday brunch if your business keeps you over the weekend. Afraid I can't comment on the other restaurant meals, due to the variety of other options I have to admit I haven't tried it

Room Tip: romms on the east side are quieter
DanC,

Thanks so much for the wonderful comments and for being a
repeat guest at our hotel. Please feel free to introduce yourself
on your next visit! I would love to introduce myself and Thank You
personally. Keep on visiting us for the ideal Business Location in Lake Mary.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have stayed here before and consistently a good place to stay. We came down to have a small family memorial for my mom. We reserved three rooms using "points". All rooms were clean and appointed nicely. Two of the rooms needed new beds. You know the ones, sunken on one side and hard. The lobby is gorgeous with the glass art pieces. Front desk was quick, friendly and efficient. The bar area is lovely. Bartenders were always friendly. What is also nice is the long table with outlets all around the edges. Very good for business people to work. The bar is transformed to a Starbucks in the morning. This was done very well, however, the morning I tried to use it there was a very long line and some confusion on who was doing what and whose order was whose. When my husband used one morning he said it was fine. These things happen. Can't give an opinion on restaurants as we were going other places. We will stay ther again when we come down for family business.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms on front because sun rises on back.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Florida1950,

Thank you for returning back to our hotel and we really value
Your comments about our hotel. Happy you enjoyed our
Lobby and we hope to see you again soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I selected this hotel because of the name and because of the location. The location is not in the middle of all the park traffic, but still not far from essentials. Staff was friendly, rooms were clean and I slept well. No noisy elevators during my stay! Would come back again.

Traveler,

Thanks so much for staying at the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
And especially your nice comments about our hotel.
We do believe that Lake Mary is truly the "quiet side of Orlando"
So we agree that this is the ideal spot to stay away from the
Craziness of the Theme Parks yet be just a short drive away!

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel (in room 235) because I was working in Orlando for a day and needed to get up really early, so I spent the night there. I read the reviews online and thanks to those reviews I made sure that I did not get a room next to the elevators, as some people have complained about the noise of clanking elevator doors keeping them up at night.

I'll get to the point:

The Good: The hotel is nice looking and clean. The parking lot is well lit and not too far from the entrance. The room was nice, clean and large. The shower pressure (super-high) was awesome! I really enjoyed the shower. The bed was OK, and the pillows were meh..

The Bad: The ceiling is very thin. I could hear the people upstairs go to the bathroom and drop things on the floor. I woke up to the guy upstairs using the bathroom, coughing and spitting at 6am when he got up. I could hear it very clearly - too clearly. I also had to get up at 6am, so it wasn't that big of a problem. HOWEVER, if I had planned on sleeping in, I would have totally been up from 6 to 7am listening to the other guests using bathroom and showering. The walls and ceiling must be made of paper.

So, if you're a business traveler and you have to get up early, this hotel would be just fine. But if you're there for pleasure and would like to sleep in, forget it. You'll be woken up by the sounds of other hotel guests.

Room Tip: Do not get a room next to the elevator.
Hello Jet,
Thank you so much for the nice comments about our hotel.
I was sorry to hear that you were disturbed by the guests
Waking up early. Possibly a corner room next time you
Come back could be another good suggestion to ease
any future disturbance.

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The best part of my four day stay was the starbucks in the hotel/bar lounge area. A morning ritual started after the disapointing breakfast buffee. The transformation of the bar area was briliant and the starbucks staff were Probably hotel employees but they sure didn't act it. I also got exceptional service from the front desk staff. If I need to return I will starbucks in the morning and eat outside the hotel for all other meals.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Scott27,

Thank you for the kind comments about our Starbucks Espresso Lounge
service and we are delighted you enjoyed it. It was also nice to hear that the front
desk team delivered exceptional service. I would love to hear your thoughts on how
we may improve our morning Breakfast Buffet if you would be willing to give us more
feedback! Please feel free to email me personally at bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com
and I can assure you that our Culinary Team will be up to the challenge.

Bruce Skwarlo, C.H.A.

Been to Orlando Marriott Lake Mary? Share your experiences!