“Excellent boutique hotel, great location, service + awesome staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Orlando Marriott Lake Mary

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Lake Mary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brandon, Florida, United States
“Excellent boutique hotel, great location, service + awesome staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable size hotel in perfect location. Stay there couple time a year went visit Orlando. Walk to upscale restaurant, quick drive to golf and easy drive to Orlando. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Management is attentive to details. Been staying there for last six years and always surprised how many repeat customers talk about how they are " regulars". Rooms are comfortable, clean and up to date and rates are always excellent either I season or not.

If you understand that hotels are like restaurants, all the customers leave at once and then they all arrive at once, you understand the challenges of a hotel and appreciate what a consistently great job all the staff does

Stayed January 2013
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Joseph,

Greetings and Thank You So Much for the wonderful comments about
our hotel and staff. I am happy that you have become a regular and it's
always a pleasure sharing guest comments with our associates which
I will certainly do!

Bruce Skwarlo, C.H.A.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had a nice stay at the Marriott in Lake Mary. Room was comfortable, and the restaurant and fitness center were both decent. However, there were a few things that stood out that I haven't had an issue with before. I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, and there was a fee to have a mini-refrigerator in my room. My bed was made daily, but the pillows were left on the floor every day. Some items in the room service menu book that was in my room were not available on the door-hanger menu. Overall, I had a comfortable stay at the Marriott, but the small things add up. The staff was nice though, and the hotel has a great location off of I-4 and big parking lot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Across The Pond,

Thank you for staying at the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary and most of
all for taking the time to share your comments. I am happy that overall
all you had a comfortable stay but of course we hope for excellence.
I have noted your comments to our Culinary team that you would like
to see a larger menu and our team will certainly look into that. I would like
to follow up on your service issues that you experienced with your room
so please feel free to contact me under separate email and I would be happy
to assure our team is refocused, because as you say "Its the Small things that
add up".

bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

A lovely clean modern hotel with great facilities. The front desk staff however were poorly trained they did not realise as a Goldmember I was entitled to free breakfast in the restaurant . On another occasion i was initially reluctantly offered 500 rewards points Equivalent to 1/40 of a nights stay when I had a disturbed night due to noise This offer I found derogatory. One bonus however was Kathryn you works in the concierge lounge She has fantastic customer care skills and really looked after guests she was a true asset to the hotel

• Stayed January 2013
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Hello TinCityZoo,

Thank you for the honest feedback from your last visit to our hotel
and I truly appreciate the information about the confusion on Gold
Member benefits at our hotel. Of course we can't speak to the specifics
since we dont knoow when you were here , but would welcome the opportunity
to contact you personally so we can resolve the misinformation in the future.

Feel free to email me personally at bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com.

Also I will pass along your kind comments about Kathy's fantastic customer
care skills in our concierge lounge.

Somerset, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My recent stay at this property was a good experience. I had a great corporate rate so I can't complain that I did not receive a King Size bed. The room was spotless and spacious. The hotel is in a great location and within walking distance of many restaurants and stores. It is clean with a very nice lobby area. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I did not frequent th onsite restaurant. I did frequent the bar however and there is a bartender by the name of Lindsay who was great and quite fun to be around.

I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
CruisingBob,

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our team was helpful & friendly.
I will make sure that Lindsay our bartender is recognized at our next staff meeting
for going above and beyond, that's what Marriott is all about!

Dallas, Texas
1,016 reviews 1,016 reviews
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is very pretty pulling up to it and inside the common areas. The hotel rooms are another thing, upon checking we were given a corner suite, decent size room and at a quick glance seemed nice. After spending sometime and un-packing things we noticed that the duvet was filthy. Hair on it and not from your head, the mattress iteself was hard and lumpy. They changed out the duvet for us with no concerns. Bathroom was very poor condition. The shower head had so much calcium buildup on it that it was turning green. The shower curtain was not long enough to stop water from getting all over everything and the towels had seen better days.
I would highly recommend finding another hotel in the area, this Marriott doesnt even deserve a fairfield inn on the marque.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Wick1979,

Thank you for the honest feedback and I can assure you that we
take your comments very seriously and will address this today!

Thanks to your observations we can immeadiately place this room
out of service for the appropriate repairs and assure noone else will
experience these problems. Please accept my sincere apologies
and if you would like to contact me direct, I would personally like to
speak with you and assure you this will not re-occur.

Orlando Marriott Lake Mary
Yardley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott during our recent stay. I was very pleased with the property. I was able to get a good rate and the property is very clean, Nice clean rooms and the service is A+. Would recommend this propert to friends and family and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
DennisM,

Thank you for the A+ review from your recent stay at the Orlando
Marriott Lake Mary! We truly appreciate you allowing us to host your
family on the next visit to the North Orlando area.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family last Thanksgiving. The hotel was a bit pricier than the ones I usually stay in, but it does have a lovely interior. Their Christmas decorations were up and they had a beautiful tree decorating the lobby. The staff was also very friendly, especially the barista who worked at the Starbucks down stairs. The rooms were average. They were the typical Marriott style with nice beds and furniture. However not all of the lamps in our room worked properly and from certain angles you could see old stains on the wall.

The toilet, however, was the real issue. When we first came in, my aunt went to use the restroom and noticed that the bowl was stained. We commented on it to room service and they pointed out that the red ring was likely due to rust deposits. Granted, rust build up is likely to happen, but in a nice hotel like this you'd think they'd pay closer attention to details like that!

Other than that, the trip was fine, although the fact that there was no continental breakfast bothered me. There was a breakfast buffet in the lobby, but it was $13 a plate. The on site Starbucks was a better option, but you couldn't really get a full meal from it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Newstarr,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I was happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the Holiday decorations
but was disappointed that you experienced a problem in the bathroom.
Thanks to your feedback we have corrected the issue so nobody else
will be negatively impacted!
I will also make sure our Barista is acknowledged for her very pleasant
level of service.

Bruce Skwarlo, CHA

Been to Orlando Marriott Lake Mary? Share your experiences!