“Definately not a Marriott property” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Lake Mary
Dallas, Texas
“Definately not a Marriott property”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is very pretty pulling up to it and inside the common areas. The hotel rooms are another thing, upon checking we were given a corner suite, decent size room and at a quick glance seemed nice. After spending sometime and un-packing things we noticed that the duvet was filthy. Hair on it and not from your head, the mattress iteself was hard and lumpy. They changed out the duvet for us with no concerns. Bathroom was very poor condition. The shower head had so much calcium buildup on it that it was turning green. The shower curtain was not long enough to stop water from getting all over everything and the towels had seen better days.
I would highly recommend finding another hotel in the area, this Marriott doesnt even deserve a fairfield inn on the marque.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Wick1979,

Thank you for the honest feedback and I can assure you that we
take your comments very seriously and will address this today!

Thanks to your observations we can immeadiately place this room
out of service for the appropriate repairs and assure noone else will
experience these problems. Please accept my sincere apologies
and if you would like to contact me direct, I would personally like to
speak with you and assure you this will not re-occur.

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Yardley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott during our recent stay. I was very pleased with the property. I was able to get a good rate and the property is very clean, Nice clean rooms and the service is A+. Would recommend this propert to friends and family and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
DennisM,

Thank you for the A+ review from your recent stay at the Orlando
Marriott Lake Mary! We truly appreciate you allowing us to host your
family on the next visit to the North Orlando area.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family last Thanksgiving. The hotel was a bit pricier than the ones I usually stay in, but it does have a lovely interior. Their Christmas decorations were up and they had a beautiful tree decorating the lobby. The staff was also very friendly, especially the barista who worked at the Starbucks down stairs. The rooms were average. They were the typical Marriott style with nice beds and furniture. However not all of the lamps in our room worked properly and from certain angles you could see old stains on the wall.

The toilet, however, was the real issue. When we first came in, my aunt went to use the restroom and noticed that the bowl was stained. We commented on it to room service and they pointed out that the red ring was likely due to rust deposits. Granted, rust build up is likely to happen, but in a nice hotel like this you'd think they'd pay closer attention to details like that!

Other than that, the trip was fine, although the fact that there was no continental breakfast bothered me. There was a breakfast buffet in the lobby, but it was $13 a plate. The on site Starbucks was a better option, but you couldn't really get a full meal from it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Newstarr,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.
I was happy to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the Holiday decorations
but was disappointed that you experienced a problem in the bathroom.
Thanks to your feedback we have corrected the issue so nobody else
will be negatively impacted!
I will also make sure our Barista is acknowledged for her very pleasant
level of service.

Stuart, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am a platinum with Marriott, which is their highest level. I have never seen a property with such awful beds. Also the fitness center faces the sun in the afternoon, and there are no drapes or shades on the floor-to-ceiling windows. I could not even begin to work out in there because of the blinding sun.

Will NEVER stay at this property again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
DavidK,

Thank you for the comments from your recent visit to our hotel
and I truly appeciate the feedback.

Our recently renovated fitness center does not have draperies
as those were removed and deemed old fashioned! Since I have
not heard negative comments that the sun has been a problem
I will certainly look at some different options that may be available.
I am sure the time of year and day must have played a large role
with the winter setting sun. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced.

Your comments about a less than satisfactory bed will be investigated
but since this review is anonymous I would love to have you
email me personally so I can correct the issue in your exact room.

Please let me know if I may "Make it Right" on your next visit to Lake
Mary! And as a Gesture of Good Faith I will personally make sure you are
upgraded to the best room available and will guarantee the bed will
be up to your standards. A Marriott Platinum Member deserves a Platinum
Experience!

Bruce Skwarlo,

General Manager, C.H.A.

bruce.skwarlo@marriott.com
407-995-7004
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and made our most recent visit in late November 2012. The hotel remains a beautiful property and a friend who also stayed there at my recommendation the same weekend commented how wonderful the hotel was. The only negative to me that was not evident on prior visits was the fact that rooms with two beds contained doubles rather than queen sized beds. King bedded rooms did not offer a sofa bed so we had to double up since there were three of us in my family. This made for a poor night's sleep and I guess prior visits were either solo or two person visits since we never ran into this issue. My suggestion thus is to look elsewhere if you have a family of 3 or 4 but definitely stay here if there is 1 or 2 in your party.

Room Tip: Avoid the double bedded rooms if you have three adults in your party.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
SilverStar092,

Thank you for staying at the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary last month and for your
positive comments about the numerous visits to our hotel.
I was excited to hear you rated us as "wonderful" in past visits but of course
completely understand your preference towards having a King Bed in your room
as well.

Next time you need a King Bed with a sofa bed please feel free to contact me personally
and I will do whatever I can to get you an upgrade if possible. If not we have a lovely
Residence By Marriott right next door which can also accomodate your bed needs as well!

Hospitably Yours.

407-995-7004
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Great location, great service, great grounds.
Staff was accommodating in getting an early check in and the request for concierge level since I am a platinum Marriott reward member. The concierge lounge had great selections of nibblers and soft drinks. They also had a paying serve yourself bar.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Ltorres,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and feedback from your recent
visit to the Orlando Marriott Lake Mary.

I was happy to hear you were able to check in early and that the service you received
exceeded your expectations! Please come back and visit us soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We were disappointed that now one was available to help with our bags when we checked in. The location was fine for our purpose but I guess we expected more. Our room overlooked the roof of the convention center. The hotel was clean and orderly as all MARRIOTT hotels are. The traffic in the Orlando area is a challenge. We don't know how people live here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Bruce S, General Manager at Orlando Marriott Lake Mary, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
TN,

I would like to thank you for your candid observations and comments from
your recent visit. We typically have Bellman scheduled from 6:30 am to
11:00 pm at night so I am not sure why you did not have that service available
to you last night! I would like to apologize on behalf of our team because this is
certainly not up to our standard nor the impression we strive to achieve.
I was happy to hear we were clean and orderly but I will assure you that we
will do better on your next visit!

Bruce Skwarlo, C.H.A.

Been to Orlando Marriott Lake Mary? Share your experiences!